Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1967 Mercury Cougar with power steering.

The title says it all; Where do I start? I dont want to work on random parts of the front end and find myself working backwards and taking parts back off to replace them when I had originally taken them off to replace something else.

For example; I replaced my front coil springs, then a month later I replace the shocks... definition of working backwards. However, I didn't actually do that. Here is a list of stuff I have done already;

1" drop coil springs,
Coil spring saddles
Coil spring cushions
Gas shocks
(My upper control arms were fine when I replaced all these parts thats why I didnt replace them yet)

My car has a lot of wandering, swaying, and body roll during highway speeds especially when I change lanes. Of course Im on a budget and buying stock replacements for the mean time doesn't bother me until I can pony up and get better than stock replacements.

I just need a direction of what left & right items I can buy 1 set at a time until I have completely replaced everything over the next couple months.

Also, does anyone know of anyone that rebuilds power steering control boxes? I tried rebuilding my ram cylinder, but it was an epic fail so I ended up buying a new one. But the control boxes are a lot more expensive. Any info would be great.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
ok, what's your budget? what's your overall goal? start by ordering the 400 box from cpp, its less than 500 bucks, gets rid of the whole power steering trash and its an integral box, buy their mini sub kit while you are talking to them, upper/lower, gets rid of your strut rods and gives you tubular upper and lower, do the Shelby drop mod,
if you can weld, give me a call and I can assist you with ordering a full m2 conversion starting at 1799.00 with a manual rack, power is a tad more. swaybar included .
I will also have my global west 620 springs, my roller perches and my stock strut rods with poly bushings and kyb shocks listed for sale by the end of the weekend too . there a lot of stuff out there. you need to know where to look, and don't be afraid to spend a little coin.
Justin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts