Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to order my steering rebuilt kit ( http://https://www.mustangsplus.com/xcart/1967-69-V8-6-Cyl.-Grab-A-Trak-Make-It-New-Power-Steering-Rebuild-Kit.html )from mustangs plus for my 67 cougar and it says that it only ships to the billing address on my card (for my protection). problem is i dont live in the best part of town. if fedex leaves a box on my porch it will be gone before i get home from work. this is the stupidest thing ever i always have my boxes shipped to the office (for MY protection) where i work because our doors are open 10-6. and i get to open the box and stare at my fancy new parts while at work! :). anyway. anyone know of another site that i can get a nice steering rebuild kit that will let me ship to a different address than the one that is on my card? wcc looks like they dont have a nice little kit. other wise i would order from them. any help?

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Just call Don, or really any of the Cougar vendors, and tell them you want everything that is in the kit. You will be dealing with a human that knows the cars and will tell you about the different quality levels of the parts, and what your options are. And then they will ship it where you want it shipped.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thanks i was thinking of doing that. i just dont want to have to peice it together myself because i dont know much about steering and dont want to be missing something when i go to install it all. i just want a nice simple order. will call and price it out. might end up ordering from mustangs plus with my business card. checked with my boss (my parents lol) and if i just give them the money i can use the company card and the parts will be shipped safely to the office.

·
Registered
200 Posts
See if they will deliver it to the nearest Fedex/UPS/Postal office to pick up yourself. As a more permanent solution, you could always go with UPS' new service that is similar to a PO box but you actually get a street address, then change your Credit Card info.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i left a message at wcc so when they call back ill figure out what to do. mustang steering and cougar steering are basiclly the same right?
i beleive the pictures of the inner tie rod (i think thats what it is anyway) on wcc is different shape than at mustangs plus.
http://www.cougarpartscatalog.com/c7zz-3a131-a.html
http://www.mustangsplus.com/xcart/1967-69-V8-6-Cyl.-Grab-A-Trak-Make-It-New-Power-Steering-Rebuild-Kit.html
will ask the folks at wcc when they give me a call back. but what do you guys think? maybe im trying to order the wrong steering from mustangs plus. my car is power steering.

·
Contributing Member
1,881 Posts
Check out this site that mmmeat found. I betcha all the Mustang places buy from someone like him.

4 Days Ago #1
mmmeat

<DL class=userstats>
<DT>Join Date</DT><DD>Jan 2005</DD><DT>Location</DT><DD>Silverton, Oregon</DD><DT>Age</DT><DD>45</DD><DT>Posts</DT><DD>3,078</DD></DL><DL class=user_rep><DT>Rep Power</DT><DD id=reppower_459072_3716>10</DD></DL>

Should I be this paranoid about adjusting a steering box?

I've been doing some homework researching how to adjust the steering box for my new J code..everything sounds easy enough, and I get that it should be tested/tried in small increments. BUT, then I read this writeup on "Stangers" site, where he insists it's best to do the adjustment with steering components detached, using a high quality torque wrench on the steerign wheel nut, etc, or damage will be done and a lot of bells and whistles will show up later.

http://www.stangerssite.com/adjustment.html

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just got off the phone with wccc and got it all squared away. they peiced me together a kit equivelant to what i was wanting to buy from the other site. and it ended up costing just a few bucks more but worth the extra 10 bucks to support the west coast classic cougars anways.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
just got off the phone with wccc and got it all squared away. they peiced me together a kit equivelant to what i was wanting to buy from the other site. and it ended up costing just a few bucks more but worth the extra 10 bucks to support the west coast classic cougars anways.
Your order is on it's way South already. Pulled and packaged in time for UPS pickup.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your order is on it's way South already. Pulled and packaged in time for UPS pickup.
haha THANK YOU! i gotta take apart my suspension on my front drivers side to weld a crack in the shock tower. and going to replace the rest of the steering at the same time so i dont have to do alignment twice. gotta get it all done by april 7th. hopin to take the coug to la for 4 days on its maiden voyage!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts