Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find a gauge harness that goes from a plug near the firewall to the temp sender, coil , and I think oil sender and sit on the intake manifold on my 67 xr7 289 car. Mine is getting crispy Does anyone make these new, or is a mustang unit the same? where is a good place to buy one if available? thanks for any help

·
11,000 Posts
The wiring harness sold for "Mustang without tach" are the correct ones for Cougar XR-7. The Mustang without tachometer had an oil pressure guage like the XR-7. The tachometer has nothing to do with the difference in wiring harnesses, apparently Mustang owners are too dumb to be able to tell if their cars have oil pressure guages or not.

I am trying to find a gauge harness that goes from a plug near the firewall to the temp sender, coil , and I think oil sender and sit on the intake manifold on my 67 xr7 289 car. Mine is getting crispy Does anyone make these new, or is a mustang unit the same? where is a good place to buy one if available? thanks for any help

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks. now that you mention it, I do vaguely remember that, when I bought the last one 20 years ago from the late ron johnson at stang-it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts