Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into buying the things needed to complete my interior. I have done some research on dash pads...looks like a lot of people have trouble with their repro pads (having to reshape the pad itself). Does anybody have any suggestions where to buy a dash pad?

Car is a 67 cougar

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am looking into buying the things needed to complete my interior. I have done some research on dash pads...looks like a lot of people have trouble with their repro pads (having to reshape the pad itself). Does anybody have any suggestions where to buy a dash pad?

Car is a 67 cougar
Do you have the original dash/dash pad for the car? If you do, check out the company Just Dashes at : http://www.justdashes.com/
They can restore your original dash to like new condition! (Their website has some really cool videos of the process! :sun2:)

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Just dashes will cost you a small fortune and will not look very original as they cannot do the stitched edge or correct speaker holes. There is only one maker of repro dashes and that is dashes direct. We are working with the company that did them years ago for Stang-it to resurect their 67-8 dash (which is better in my opinion) but they have been mighty slow. I have several from them in stock but the mounting studs are misaligned so we are selling them as blems.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just dashes will cost you a small fortune and will not look very original as they cannot do the stitched edge or correct speaker holes. There is only one maker of repro dashes and that is dashes direct. We are working with the company that did them years ago for Stang-it to resurect their 67-8 dash (which is better in my opinion) but they have been mighty slow. I have several from them in stock but the mounting studs are misaligned so we are selling them as blems.

Hey Don, I would be interested in buyin one from you. I do not mind getting my hands dirty and egging some holes out. How much would you sell 1 for?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hey Don, do you happen to have any photos of these dashes? And also do you have any updates for the chroming service for the dash bezels?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bought my dash today and led tail light kit! But, I would like to know about the chroming service too! Have money that is burning a hole in my pocket!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts