Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 68, on the fuel door there were four rubber bumpers. Two very small ones on the bottom that kept the license plate from rattling and two at the top that kept the door from hitting the body. The ones at the top were screwed into the door. The ones at the bottom were just pushed through. I have looked at WCCC, AutoKrafters, Johns Classic Cougars, NPD and Mustangs unlimited to no success. Anyone know where these bumpers could be found? Especially the ones that screw on?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will do that, Maybe KTL also?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup I ordered them. They don't fit on my car? They are five times to big for the lower ones that the license plate sits against and the ones that are on top of the door that sets against the body of the car are the ones that screw in. I looked in the osborn manuel and they show the ones like I need. I have the screws and washers but the rubber is all gone.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
That is one that nobody has asked for before. I went back and looked at our used fuel doors and those tiny bumpers were in place in all the ones I looked at. I am sure we can source them in time... Thank you for pointing this out. Next time you order mention that you would like a free fuel door with the bumpers in place and we will give you one for free. The bumpers you bought were for the front bracket.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Don, I will hang on to them then for the front.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts