Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in desperate need of a '70 turn signal switch. Mine ive soldered on to keep it functioning, this time its shot. WCCC seems to have the best one out there but they have bee out for some time. Any other sources for one? Also, mine is a '70 but has a straight peg for a flasher. The 70's Ive seen online all have the arch shaped button for the switch. Is this correct?

Also, some pics of '70 switches has the horn contact posts next to each other, mine they are not. Does this matter?

Thanks, Mike

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Mike,

Sounds to me like you have a '69 switch. Do you have a column ignition lock? Does the peg unscrew? You are correct about how the '70 switches appear. Looking at MU's listing, the '70 switches are expected early October: http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=F2339+01 I would figure out for sure which switch you have before I ordered.

If you end up needing a '69 switch, I have a brand new one in it's original packaging I bought last year but did not end up needing.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
7,552 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you Bob, If it turns out to be a '69 I'll send you a PM. I really want a new one, I dont want to have to ever worry about the electronics in that switch again.

So heres the deal about it being a 69. I though it might have been switched when I first noticed the "peg" but the more I looked everything else was 70 correct. The '69 has 3 wires to the hazard switch, mine has 6, like the 70. My peg also does not unscrew. Its one piece.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I bought one from SHE-MAR a while back and was pretty pleased with the craftsmanship!

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts