Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
what parts? cougar specific i use west coast classic cougar. http://www.cougarpartscatalog.com/. my limited expreince with unlimited is bad. poor service . mechanical parts i use my guys that i deal with for work, the lee carquest, napa. and of course ford! there is alot still available from ford if you find the right guys who can and will look the parts up. these places could vary depending on your goals and plans for the car.

justin

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I can say that I have done some business with West Coast Classic Cougars and they have been more than helpful. Have a question you can call them on the phone and they have always answered cept for the time change. Parts are always packed good and shipping is quick. I Have also done business with Johns Classic Cougars in Michigan and have had no problem there either. He also takes questions on the phone but is a little harder to catch as he is the only one running the business. What I really like about West Coast Classic Cougars is they will tell you what they honestly think about something and still leave it up to you what you buy.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well right now I need to replace the brake lines. They are old, rusted and were empty for a long time. I am sure they are original to the car. I am not building a trophy car, just trying to make a really nice car so I am not worried about numbers matching or anything like that.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I just got some brake lines from WCCC and they were reasonable and correct, Johns Classic Cougars also carries them pretty much same price only difference was shipping, he is in Michigan. Also you have the choice now to go stainless steel or regular. By the way the lines I ordered were pre bent and fit right up! That was nice.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,014 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Wow, I feel left out! Don't I have any fans here??
I guess SUPPORTING VENDOR under your name didn't help...

It would, however, be nice to have a quick link up top for those people (yourself included, of course) who DO sell REAL cougar parts.

Jean

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Sorry John, I prefer WCCC, JCC because of their web sites. MU is a touch expensive on parts and shipping, but they do have an awesome printed catalog. I shop at CJ Pony Parts too because they always have free shipping with no minimum, hassle free returns, frequent 15% off sales and their web site supports customer reviews. I have also ordered from Virginia Classic Mustangs with no problems at all. They seem to have the best prices on a lot of items and they charge you the actual shipping.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I have used quite a few vendors but the bulk of what I bought for my car came from NPD, MU, Autocrafters and WCCC, pretty much in that order in terms of how much stuff. BTW, I do not generally find MU to be expensive as Adam says, in fact they are many times the best price (and I shop everything). You do have to be careful of what you are buying, some places make no bones about selling junk (and not saying so). WCCC will tell you what they are selling you, right upfront, they'll say good if it's good, junk if it's junk (sometimes that's the only game in town), they also tell you they are not the cheapest.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Well i have done shopping with most of the Cougar vendors, even those that are no longer with us, and i must say, i do my main shopping with John Benoit at Cascade Classics, due to the excellent service he provides, very pleasant to talk to on the phone, his knowledge about Cougars, and that he sure does all he can to get you what you need, and as fast as it can be done

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hey John,
I am a fan! I picked up a few items from you when I first starting to restore my car. You were very helpful and even sent me extra items because you were out of a fuse. You even talked me out of buying things that were not necessary to getting my car back on the road.

Also,
I have bought items from Randy Goodling I think he is known as Cathouse on the forum. Randy was also very helpful and put up with my endless questions.

Paul

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I've used Cascade Classics and WCCC and have nothing but good to say about both of them.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Also for those in So.Ca. I've had great service from SoCal Cougar Connection.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
And then there is also another great Cougar vendor that provides excellent products, http://www.rccinnovations.com/
You got that right Jan! How many other Cougar vendors will talk you/walk you through (on the phone the WHOLE time) trouble shooting your ignition system? Solid, SOLID vendor.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts