Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
68 standard 289 2bbl carb with factory ac
the vacuum tree thats in the thermostat housing, there are three fittings for 3/16 hoses, can anyone tell me where im supposed to run the three vacuum hoses from these fittings please VAC TREE.jpg ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, thanks a lot, i'll look and see if it makes sense on the car now
Where are those pictures from?
thanks again!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, the tree i have is just like the one in the picture i attached
what do i do as far as that filter shown in the lower port goes, is that something i can buy?
thanks again

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Not sure where the diagrams came from, I just had them from way back. I can't say about the filter because my car used the single advance set up. I presume from your question that you have the dual advance canister? If so, someone else here should be able to help you figure it out.

·
11,000 Posts
Those pictures are in your copy of the 1968 Cougar shop manual.

Not sure where the diagrams came from, I just had them from way back. I can't say about the filter because my car used the single advance set up. I presume from your question that you have the dual advance canister? If so, someone else here should be able to help you figure it out.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks Royce,
without the vacuum tree in the picture, the car currently has one hose running fomr the intake ,anifold fitting to the distributor, and another running from the base of the carb to the distributor,

after i put in the new vacuum tree, i see how to run the hoses, what do i do about the "filter" shown in the drawing kindly supplied by cobra? and does that mean that lowest fitting is open to the atmosphere?
thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SORRY ABOUT TYPOS- ...ONE HOSE RUNNING FROM THE INTAKE MANIFOLD (IS WHAT I MEANT TO SAY)
That will teach me to type with my mouth full

1 - 8 of 8 Posts