Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello everybody i hope everyone is doing good. i am trying to get my cat ready for the summer and i am just doing some maint work. does anybody know where i can get my my driveshaft checked if it is in balance and if not who can balance it....also if it needs balancing how much should i be looking to pay for a balance thanks ...this is something i would like to do for myself to make sure it is in balance could any transmission shop do it

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Check out Yelp.com for a drive shaft or drive line shop. Balancing should be under $100.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
First I would just check it over really good - the balance shouldn't change unless the weight somehow came off....if anything is wrong It would most likely be your U-joints. Drop the shaft out to look at them and don't let the caps fall off!! You may want to replace them while it's out with good ones that have grease zirks, then put it back in and grease them. Money better spent and cheap too....about $30-$40

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Some transmission shops do it, but not all of them. Just like they all don't rebuild and balance torque converters. The best place in my hometown doubled as a muffler shop. The place close to me that comes highly recommended only does drive lines (Drive Line Service Of San Leandro). You'll just have to use the old fashioned method and call around. BTW, where are you?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some transmission shops do it, but not all of them. Just like they all don't rebuild and balance torque converters. The best place in my hometown doubled as a muffler shop. The place close to me that comes highly recommended only does drive lines (Drive Line Service Of San Leandro). You'll just have to use the old fashioned method and call around. BTW, where are you?
ahunt i am in houston texas i guess i will start a search on google

1 - 7 of 7 Posts