Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent the weekend cleaning out my garage so I can get all 3 cars in. While cleaning out a cabinet I found a box of magazines that was put away when we moved into this house 10 years ago. while looking through them I found some articles on cougars and wondered where they are now. Do they still own the cars? Did they get it restored? musclecarreviewjan89.jpg This picture is from Musclecar Review Jan '89,The license plate on the orange car is from Oklahoma.This magazine was in pieces,could not find the rest of the article.

mustfordjuly96.jpg This picture is from Mustangs & Fords July '96

mustfordoct99.jpg This one is from Mustangs & Fords Oct '99,this is the one I wonder if it was restored

mustfordmay971.jpg mustfordmay972.jpg This one is from Mustangs & Fords May '97

If you have any current pictures of these cars please post them.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
The R code '68 race car was restored by the Quays and last I heard was owned by a collector in Fl. The maroon R code GT-E was owned by me at the time of that article and is now owned by a collector in Billings, MT>

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
As far as I know Ernie Spragg still has his XR7-G in Fresno, Ca.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Funny you brought this up - I was just looking through some old mags I have and I saw my old High school auto shop teachers E-cat in an article! Evidently he sold it in 2000 to somebody. I thought it was a great article on a rare cat - he special ordered. I'll have to bring it in to work and scan it for ya all....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scott, do you know the color of that XR7-G. I live just south of Fresno.Haven't seen any Cougars at any of the car shows I've been to in the area,but I will be looking for this one now.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Scott, do you know the color of that XR7-G. I live just south of Fresno.Haven't seen any Cougars at any of the car shows I've been to in the area,but I will be looking for this one now.
He doesn't drive it, he sneaks it out and takes it around the block once or twice per year. I think that the car is red. Saw it once, when the previous owner had it. As I recall, Ernie found a set of Radir wheels for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts