Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cougar has the same size rims all the way around, I'm wondering if its possible to purchase new rims of the same brand just for the back so i could put some larger tires on. :bloated: I have the cragar pro street's if that helps.... Also, if anyone could inform me how to measure tire/rim size so i could gain some knowledge in this area it'd be much appreciated

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
By larger do you mean taller or wider? You can do either, but you have to consider a few things. One of which is the offset - which is the distance from the back surface to the outer rear edge of the rim. That will determine how ar the wheel sticks out or tucks in. the wheel diameter is jus the measure of the rim accross the front - typically 14 inch or 15 inch is what your gonna find. (14 was stock) The tire sizes in the 15 inch are much easier to come up with more varieties these days. 14's have become much less utilized and not much to pick from in variety. Go to tirerack.com and you can get the nity gritty on tire sizes....it's an excellent site to peruse.....goood luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts