Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching around and I'm still not decided, so I decided to make my own thread, I hope nobody minds. :roll:

Before I begin let me just mention that I'm not running a 5-lug conversion so I'll need 4x100 and preferably something with the correct center bore (I heard if it's too big that could be a problem as the wheel could vibrate, but anyway I think the e30 center bore was 57.1. I'm not sure but I guess if a wheel has the same center bore I could say it is hub-centric to the e30? Correct me if I'm wrong I just wanted to get my terminology straight.)

Anyway, I'm about a month.5 away from ordering my AST 4100 shocks/struts, Verlag camber plates w/ HD double row bearings, HD rubber RSMs w/ reinforcements, and GTS package springs (hyperco 600/750). This car is going to be my DD and I hope it will see the track 3-4 times a year. I'm looking for some decent-looking wheels that won't break the bank (because my suspension already did
) my price range is around $400-700max without tires. I want something lightweight no more than 15 lbs hopefully. I would prefer 15x8 but 15x7 works too. I'm not sure what the recommended offset would be, I would rather not use spacers but I guess I could, nothing wrong performance-wise with that right? Some offset advice would be helpful and appreciated here too.

I'm not really sure what more info to give, I'm kinda new to everything but I plan on being serious about the track (I'm just a beginner, but I went with AST because I only wanted to buy a suspension once and be happy with it, something that I can adjust as I get better, but anyway I've already made my choice about the suspension, this thread is about what wheels I should get) All I know if I'll be performance-minded, I'd like the car to be pretty low but I don't plan on being hella flush or anything like that. I just want to have a good track setup (of course I'll have to improve my driving skills to put the setup to any use but that's the reason I'm going with 15's). Looks are important but they aren't everything, as long as they look decent I'll be fine with them. Lemme know what you guys had in mind or vouch for one of the wheels I had in mind if you like.

So far I had in mind Kosei k1's and D-force LTW5's. I would like to stay away from ROTA and Sportmax, not saying there's anything wrong with them, I just don't want them.
I really like the ronal LS's but I can't seem to find any for sale.

Thanks for any info in advance. If pictures are not readily available on the internet, I would greatly appreciate some w/ your recommendation!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I've been searching around and I'm still not decided, so I decided to make my own thread, I hope nobody minds. :roll:

Before I begin let me just mention that I'm not running a 5-lug conversion so I'll need 4x100 and preferably something with the correct center bore (I heard if it's too big that could be a problem as the wheel could vibrate, but anyway I think the e30 center bore was 57.1. I'm not sure but I guess if a wheel has the same center bore I could say it is hub-centric to the e30? Correct me if I'm wrong I just wanted to get my terminology straight.)

Anyway, I'm about a month.5 away from ordering my AST 4100 shocks/struts, Verlag camber plates w/ HD double row bearings, HD rubber RSMs w/ reinforcements, and GTS package springs (hyperco 600/750). This car is going to be my DD and I hope it will see the track 3-4 times a year. I'm looking for some decent-looking wheels that won't break the bank (because my suspension already did
) my price range is around $400-700max without tires. I want something lightweight no more than 15 lbs hopefully. I would prefer 15x8 but 15x7 works too. I'm not sure what the recommended offset would be, I would rather not use spacers but I guess I could, nothing wrong performance-wise with that right? Some offset advice would be helpful and appreciated here too.

I'm not really sure what more info to give, I'm kinda new to everything but I plan on being serious about the track (I'm just a beginner, but I went with AST because I only wanted to buy a suspension once and be happy with it, something that I can adjust as I get better, but anyway I've already made my choice about the suspension, this thread is about what wheels I should get) All I know if I'll be performance-minded, I'd like the car to be pretty low but I don't plan on being hella flush or anything like that. I just want to have a good track setup (of course I'll have to improve my driving skills to put the setup to any use but that's the reason I'm going with 15's). Looks are important but they aren't everything, as long as they look decent I'll be fine with them. Lemme know what you guys had in mind or vouch for one of the wheels I had in mind if you like vehicle treat.

So far I had in mind Kosei k1's and D-force LTW5's. I would like to stay away from ROTA and Sportmax, not saying there's anything wrong with them, I just don't want them.

Thanks for any info in advance. If pictures are not readily available on the internet, I would greatly appreciate some w/ your recommendation!!
no response

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

Anyway, I'm about a month.5 away from ordering my AST 4100 shocks/struts, Verlag camber plates w/ HD double row bearings, HD rubber RSMs w/ reinforcements, and GTS package springs (hyperco 600/750). This car is going to be my DD and I hope it will see the track 3-4 times a year. I'm looking for some decent-looking wheels how often to change fuel filter on 6.7 Powerstroke that won't break the bank (because my suspension already did

I'm not really sure what more info to give, I'm kinda new to everything but I plan on being serious about the track (I'm just a beginner, but I went with AST because I only wanted to buy a suspension once and be happy with it, something that I can adjust as I get better, but anyway I've already made my choice about the suspension, this thread is about what wheels I should get) All I know if I'll be performance-minded, I'd like the car to be pretty low but I don't plan on being hella flush or anything like that. I just want to have a good track setup (of course I'll have to improve my driving skills to put the setup to any use but that's the reason I'm going with 15's). Looks are important but they aren't everything, as long as they look decent I'll be fine with them. Lemme know what you guys had in mind or vouch for one of the wheels I had in mind if you like.

no response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts