Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to repaint my wheels before I put on the new tires. What is the best way to do it and what paint do I use?

·
Registered
67 Posts
what kind of wheels?

Are you painting styled steel wheels? I just painted my styled steel wheels for my eliminator. I had them stripped (acid dipped), primed them and painted them with Eastwood charcoal grey paint. Turned out great. If you're painting grey, I have 2 cans left if you're interested. 2 cans is more than enough for 4 wheels.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4speed

Steel styled wheels. See My Gallery. Mine are black. Is this correct?

·
Registered
67 Posts
styled steel

These are the wheels I'm talking about and the color. You could sand blast your wheels but that creates a huge mess. If you can get them dipped it's worth the $50.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your wheels look great! Nice Cougar too. WOW!
I'll try that dipping thing. Is $50 for all four?

·
Registered
67 Posts
yes

That is total cost. Remember, when you get them back they're bare metal with a light coating of rust inhibitor. In the winter you can go about a month before they'll start to rust. In the summer when it's humid you get about 1-2 days, so be ready to prime. To get the inhibitor off you just rinse with water. I use a pressure washer. It beats picking sand out of your hair, teeth and every other place on or near you.
That's the color gray I have if you're interested.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Sounds like a plan.
I'm going to pass on the paint for now. Thank you for the offer, though.

Yeah, I did a 64 and a half Mustang once(Sandblasting) and it looked like the beach when I was done. Was ok because I lived in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts