Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still planning the new project and thought maybe someone else could give me a reccomendation on wheels.

Going to need either 15x12 or 15x14 for the rears and maybe 15x5 for the front. Whats available besides Weld Prostars and Centerline Draglites and Convo pro's?

I really would like a steel chrome wheel for easy cleaning and since I'm planning a Eliminator clone I thought a Magnum 500 style would look good, but whats the chances of getting some made that size? I just think the mostly stock look on the tubbed out pro street car would look clean and good.

Anyway if that cant happen are these newer aluminum wheels coated for easy clean up? I hate polishing aluminum.

I like the looks of the convo pros but they just look like a ***** to keep cleaned up with those ribs. mm

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10" wide magnums wont cut it. I'm going with tire with a tread with of 15.2 or 17.4 so I need 12-14" wide rims. Also are tires made that wide for anything taller than a 15"rim?

Also I cant stand rims over 16" dia. Been working in Gary In and been seeing these 18-20" wheels on everything (most of em are gold!!)and I dont want to look like a gangbanger. Also I belive you have to wear short pants with the crotch hanging down to your knees to own those wheels. Sorry but thats what I see. Actually I'm waiting to see one of these fellas with the 20" rims on there 85 Buick RWD have a flat on the front and have to put there doughnut spare on it. It will be riot to watch as one of the rear wheels will be in the air just spinning when he tries to take off. LOL

mm

·
Registered
21 Posts
There are quite a few places that can widen any rim...the cost goes up fairly quick though :)...just do a search.

On the 'gangbanger' rims...the mustang above isn't 'ricey' with 17inchers, just modernized :).

Jason

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
evilmess, you picked out one FINE looking wheel! I like that alot altough its aluminum and they dont say if there coated or not and they only have one size back space available.

They remind me a little of my all time favorite wheel the Cragar SS.

The only thing is did you check the price? There double what a set of Weld Prostars are.:angryfi: mm

·
Registered
519 Posts
I really like radir wheels, they have a cool factor of 10 in my book, especially with any of those spinners! :D

You should give them a call and see if they do custom backspacing and the other details you seek.

The price is kind of a bummer on the 14" wide but man those rims look KILLER! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts