1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I don't care what NADA says, it isn't worth that. I wish they were worth more than they have been selling for, but at the moment they just aren't. If it is the original rear it isn't a 9 inch.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Based on the photo's and description, it's not all original. Cougar's never came with a Pony interior. He says it's an A/C car but the photo of the engine compartment shows all components are not there. I'd say about 1/3 of the asking price would probably be fair to both buyer and seller.

·
Contributing Member
1,881 Posts
By the looks of the engine compartment alone I think you could safely add another 100,000 miles to that one. Usually any car with that low of claimed mileage has documentation service records etc, but a three owner car with 33,000 miles? How many miles were put on it in 12 years by the second owner?
There something missing in his story that doesn’t add up.
This guy has cast out his line without bate and he’s trolling hoping to get a bite.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
I saw that ad a few days ago. Between the 9-inch rearend claim, the Pony interior, the asking price, and the general attitude projected by the commentary following the NADA quote, I immediately put it out of my mind. Too bad no one will get it because the seller has no clue what real market values are these days.

·
Registered
270 Posts
That looks like one that was for sale a few months ago in the Asheville area Craigslist for $7995. I maybe wrong about the city, somewhere in the same general area. About a month after I bought mine.

·
Registered
379 Posts
19.5 and it's not an xr7 whats so rare about it? other than it's a nice looking coug. 19.5 ? and my **** smells like flowers.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Love that color theme in the engine compartment: blue fuel lines, blue vacuum hoses, blue battery cables (positive AND negative), blue radiator overflow line, boy they just don't make 'em like that anymore!

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
If it is true he got 16 MPG driving six hours at 70 MPH, then I would say it would be a nice daily driver.. but not at that price.

What I really see is a nice start as a project car.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
That looks like one that was for sale a few months ago in the Asheville area Craigslist for $7995. I maybe wrong about the city, somewhere in the same general area. About a month after I bought mine.
You're correct on the city.

The guy is looking for a sucker.
In order to have a good reliable car, you'd have to toss all that advance auto junk he installed and make a trip to NAPA to replace it all. Probably also have to redo his trans pan job, if the neg cable and fuel filter is any indication of his work.
Just another white Cougar with a small block and possibly not much rust. Plenty of those here in the South. Well, small block cars... Every other Cougar down here is white on black, it seems.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
$5k-$6k but I would personally inspect it. The seller sounds like a nut so I would not take anything he says at face value.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts