Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 69's driver window got unglued and came off its guide. I noticed that guide also came off the rails (the two bars going vertically inside the door panel) and seems like there's a bolt missing on one of the guides. Does anyone know the size of that bolt and how the guides are suppose to be facing, open ends facing each other or facing away?

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Those bolts are 1/4-20.

I looked at the exploded view for the 1969-70 door windows, and it shows the guides with the openings both towards the rear of the car.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Those bolts are 1/4-20.

I looked at the exploded view for the 1969-70 door windows, and it shows the guides with the openings both towards the rear of the car.
Ut oh, I put mine with the front opening facing forward the the rear one rearward, figuring that the windows would be more "captive" that way. Seems to work without binding. I put '70 glass in my car so no glass brackets to come off so the window would not come off the guides from a wayward bracket.

And to think I had an exploded view of the door guts and missed this little detail, for shame!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts