·
Registered
197 Posts
Well, its not a 78 nor a 69. It sure looks like a 70 and it looks
blue from the pic. And the price to buy it now? What is so special
about this cat? The convertible is desireable but it is not even
a big block. Just wait to see if the seller changes the description
as it must have been just listed with 9 days left. I would
put the price at half of the "buy it price" only if the car was perfect and original and just what your looking for.
I see the red 69 at the link, it is a weird add. Watch it will
be corrected in time.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Yeah, I saw Justin's '69 red convertible a few days before this one went on the block. The '69 looks pretty nice, but this one is a '70, and it doesn't look to be in good enough condition to justify his "buy it now" price. Look at some of the other stuff he's selling. Me thinks Justin is a bit of an opportunist. Go for it dude!

Steve C.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
somebody thinks he is barret jackson material. hope he gets it though that way we can all start charging that for our 70 verts. :D

·
Registered
600 Posts
I agree thats quite a mess up, 3 things i can figure....he was tring to type out 1969 but went to fast and hit 1978 which can happen in a hurry.
2. He picked the picture but did not label the pic right therefore he got the wrong pic for the ad.
3. He is just absent minded and thinks that no one will notice?

Anywho i hope it fixes it that red one is nice but like Steve C. said not 25k nice:)

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Great, now you guys went and scared him away...he chopped the auction for "errors in the listing"... :p

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Thats not my car Rick. lol

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
You would think that someone posting an ad for $25 000 would at least proof read it first. Maybe he made a price error as well and it should read $2500.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
It's hard to write a decent ad when the bullhorn outside keeps yelling for you to "PUT THE CRACK PIPE DOWN!". :lol2:
That guy had some issues. Maybe it's a Johnny Cash car - am I dating myself?

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Who the h... is Johnny Cash, jk.:) Like Rick said "I want some of what he is smoking"

·
Registered
906 Posts
Yeah, that 69 XR7 convertible he was selling for 14.500 looked to be a really nice car. He is a terrible photographer, but after looking through the 30 horrible pictures I could piece things together enough to tell it was a nice car. That's actually what my conv should like like when done and I drueled, albiet with my head sideways (couldn't see the car unless I did). Strange ad, in a world where presentation is eveything, that guy had nothing.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
well hey that there be a rare car maybe we should buy it and use it as the MCN flagship. 1 of 1. everyone pitch in 500 bucks and we could pass it around to each member for a week at a time. Man you would think he would post a better picture of the thing and get the spelling right.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Johnny Cash buit his car one piece at a time. What model year was his car? Well. Its a 51, 52, 53................
I still listen to his CDs.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Tad

What happened to your website? I used to check out your progress on the elim from time to time.

·
Registered
431 Posts
What's with the white walls??
Is that a Cougar from down under??
You know what they say in the used car business,
"there's an a$$ for every seat".

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
:bong: :pimp: :bandit: :smoke: :bs:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts