Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,
Sitting here waking up thinking about what I'll be doing on the cat today as it will be nice out.

1 - Replace the sequential unit. I picked up a good used clean unit over the winter, going to replace my tired rusty one.
2 - Attempt to fix the internal lighting. None of my internal lights work, started on it last fall, but now have better wiring diagrams.
3 - Replace ignition cylinder lock and door locks, got a new set and keys. Finally will be able to lock it!!
4 - Replace the battery, is fine, but need one for a beater I am needing to sell and get out of yard, so the cat gets the new one!
5 - Wash and rinse, cruise to the "Suds" for the seasons first cruise-in.

Maybe I'll work in the honey-do list somewhere too :D

What's on your list?

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
I'll be pulling my car up to the shop today.
the project vette is out at the paint shop, so I'm going to get started sanding and cleaning it up. Long winter.
I was going turkey hunting, but the wind is blowing too hard.
What a problem to have. Sanding on a classic cougar so I can paint it...

·
Registered
885 Posts
My list has the same tasks I've had on it for the last 3 weeks. Just haven't got back to it. It's supposed to rain in the Bay Area this weekend, so what better excuse?

1. Remove lower dash.
2. Cleanup mounting surfaces for the Quiteride installation.
3. Cut it, and glue it in there.
4. Clean and re-paint the lower dash.

If that doesn't keep me busy (and it will), I need to reassemble the clock and center dash switch cluster (which is in pieces). Plus, the parts from Pat B. showed up yesterday, and I haven't opened the box yet. It's like Christmas. :)

Steve C.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Work on the 66 Ltd. Rearrange part of the garage, make a bon fire, then beer. Great weather today :)

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
I was going to set the timing, attempt to get the carb to stop afixiating anyone who stands behind her, then take her for a test run:), then check why I have bad brakes, then jack her up and get the one bushing out that is still stuffed, problem is, Saturday is past, its now almost Sunday and all we did was smoke the tires round the shopping centre a bit, S in front in 72 and me behind him in 70, some folks got whiplash they spun their heads round so fast, I love this car....:). How come the tyres spin nicely when turning to the right but not when turning to the left?

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
72 Cat, tire spin while turning right is due to a non-locking rear. The right tire is the drive wheel and on a rihgt turn you are unloading the weight from it which allows for easier spinning.

Now back to the topic...

My plan for wrenching on Saturday was to cut and make all the Vintage Air A/C and Heating lines. I was successful except for the last one which I came up short on the hose supplied with the kit. Their kits are designed for the compressor to be on the passenger side while our Ford's are on the driver's side. I didn't want to order their custom brackets to make the switch. As a result there wasn't enough hose. There would have been enough had I not put the drier element under the dash and mounted it to the inner fender panel instead. But, in the long run, I'll be happier with it.

Mark

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Thanks Mark, re the right wheel thing.......so I guess thats the tyre that wears out fastest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts