Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about selling my car. Its a 69 Eliminator and can be seen in the pics section of this board. its has 124,00 orignal miles, original motor (390) and trans(C-6) both rebuilt motor has 20,000 and trans less that 5,000 miles, all original interior in good shape just a couple flaws, new paint new tires, brakes, tie rods, wheels plus original ones, this car is all original except for the paint I even have the build sheet, original owners manual and the bill of sale from the car lot when it was sold new. All maintance records fo the last 15 years to prove work done. What to you guys think is a fair price.

Thanks Scott

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Hey Scott...

You know what they say, a car is worth what someone is willing to pay. :)

Your car is probably a strong #2 car, which should peg it's value between 10-14000 I would think. I would set my asking price around 13000 or so.

A Pristine #1 would go for 18 or so...

Problem is that there aren't that many enthusiasts out there with that kind of money to spend any more, so you'll probably end up trying to sell it for quite some time.

G

·
0 Posts
Scott,

Hello. Didn't you just recently purchase this Elim??? Why would you be considering getting rid of it already. Did you solely purchase it as an investment opportunity?

I know that particular car had been for sale for quite some time in Tigard, Oregon... Is there something that you do not like about it now that you've owned it for a short while. Re-selling a muscle car that was recently purchased might throw up flags to a potential buyer. One of the first questions that I ask when looking at a prospective purchase is, "how long have you owned the car?" followed by the next question, "why are you selling it?" Just curious.

Gary

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn Gary you caught me. I like the car very much its a beautifal car and runs great. But I'll admit I'm a MOPAR man at heart and I'm searching for a nice big block challenger or Cuda and this car was just to nice to pass up. I bought it with the intention of it being my wife's daily driver. But after getting it home and really checking it over. We decided it was just to nice to drive like that and opted to park it. So I guess I did just get it as a investment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts