Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know who made them, or if they're still being made, who sells them? I haven't seen any like them in my wheel hunting.

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
They look similar to Magnum 500's but I guess they're not if you have been looking around. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yep, they sure look a lot like magnum 500's..
Bert

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Those are painted magnums are they not?? The original style that used a trim ring instead of the chrome rim. mm

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, I see the problem now. Those are original Magnum 500s. All I've seen are the reproductions. They're quite different. As expensive as the new ones are, I imagine the originals (if available at all) would be more than the car.

Ah, well, more searching...

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
RAD

Member RAD owns this car. Look in the Gallery under 1973. Maybe, you can ask him Chas.;)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
#351 post--cool

Look above.:jump3: :ylsup: :sun:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
post 351....

where did it go?

·
11,000 Posts
Those are Magnum 500's as supplied on 1975-76 Ford Granada and the Mercury Monarch of the same era. They are 7" wide and use the brushed aluminum trim ring.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Question. Were these 70 Mustang wheels ever used on 70 or later Cougars?? Just wondering as my brother has a perfect maybe NOS set just laying around. mm

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
wheels

Mark
i remember seeing 71-73 cougar having them wheels. I had a set a while back that were NOS (still had the ford tags on them w/ a wire loop going thru the stud holes). So as far as the 70 goes i dont think the 70 cars had them 71 n up did i believe
thanks
pat

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Modifiedmark

Yes! I have them on my car. I've been looking for new wheels for it for a long time. Please, let me know if your brother wants to sell them.
Judy

Attachments

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Painted Magnums

Painted Magnums were 14x6" on Mavericks and Granadas. The bigger 76-79 Torino, Ranchero, T-Bird and Cougar were available with the 14x7s. My BetaCat is wearing 14x6s from a Granada/Mavarick, and I mounted 215/70/14s on em. I bought a set of 14x7s down at SuperSwap years ago for AlphaCat and mounted a set of G-60-14s (new size of 245/60/14), but now I'm not gonna use them for that.

I haven't decided which set I'll be getting rid of. The 14x7s were just reconditioned when I bought them, and the 14x6s were take-offs from a car in a junkyard.

Be advised that the trim rings for the two are different. The 14x6s are narrower than the rings on the 14x7s.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Judy, if you have a set (and they look perfect) why do you want another set?? I'm sure he would sell them for the right price though. mm

1 - 16 of 16 Posts