Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If it was 0F91H530000 then it's sitting in my backyard right now as a parts car...

There are no doors (can't research it further without a MARTI) and someone saw fit to remove the roof (hardtop) and the trunklid is rotted away in the usual spot. I actually bought it for the rear quarters and it still has the lockout steering column.

I'm not talking about the numbers for a '69 leftover from the assembly line.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Adding to what Rob said the VIN's began at 500000. Not sure if that is true for all years but it is for 69 and 70.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm.. that's a bummer... Well, looks like it the chopping block for this parts car after all. Guess I was looking at the 01/70 line and not the first sentence starting the chapter... Thanks for the info...

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I remember seeing a 70 elim for sale that had vin# 500001. It was on ebay about, I'd guess 7 or 8 years ago.
Yellow exterior and maybe a G code if memory serves.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I remember seeing a 70 elim for sale that had vin# 500001. It was on ebay about, I'd guess 7 or 8 years ago.
Yellow exterior and maybe a G code if memory serves.
Jeff is correct the lowest serial number is 0F91G500001. The sequencing starts with 1 not 0. Also, they were not necessarily built in sequence.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts