Mercury Cougar Owners banner

What to keep?

498 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  dark7068 
#1 ·
I am trying to clean up after taking tons(not tonnes, silly canucks:D) of parts off the cat. I have lots of rusty and corroded parts as well as unscathed parts. I have heard from different people, some say keep everything, others say keep only what I can use. Well... what is the gearhead view here?
:1poke: Kyle:1poke:
P.S. Any Californians in this forum that have an older domestic car that they are going to scrap, I would like some seats(custom rod-look:D). So get these replies in fast!:1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1poke:

#2 ·
Out side of rubber seals I keep the old untell I put on the new/replacement part. That way I know what is not done yet. There are other ways to do that like toss when you get the new part. One other reason to hang on to the old part untell you get the new/replacement perts is that the old parts may have some small clip, spring, nut or something like that that you will need. Good luck, Neal.

#4 ·
Keep all pieces that are hard to find, like tail light lenses, reverse light lenses, chrome, bumpers, etc. Most clips are available at parts stores (in Canada anyways) or body shops can get them. I have accumulated 3 parts cars worth of stuff I still have, (trunks, hood, fenders, bumpers,etc.) and it is hard to get rid of even though I'm running out of room. I bought another parts car for the Fairlane, and have fenders, doors, hood, bumpers, etc. and really running out of room. You just never now when some dick will run into your car, and you need something you had. These cars are getting hard to find parts for, so keep big dollar and hard to find parts, rest get rid of. Just my thought on this. But if you see my basement and shed, you will see more than that,hahahaha.

Rick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.