Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I need some input because I have a bit of a dilemma. In 2009 I took possession of a 69' cougar from my mother who had it since 71'. The Marti report I got back on it states it is 1 of 33. Probably because of the PS, PDB, AC and the color. Otherwise it is a stock cat, 351 2V, FMX tranny. Since I've had it I had the engine rebuilt with an Edelbrock top end kit, Borgerson PS unit, AOD tranny (FMX was giving me fits), 3.50 traction-loc, and other odds and ends. My dilemma is that I have kept all of the original parts that came off of it when I had the work done. My thinking is that when the time comes for me to sell it, it might be worth more with the original parts included. Now I'm having second thoughts. Mainly because I have a very small garage, and it is filling up. Do you think I should sell the parts and use the money to continue the resto-mod, or hang on to them?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Sell them, you are past the point of no return.LOL

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking. I might make enough to get a new steering wheel and a few LED dash bulbs.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe I do. Let me check and see. It may be a day or two before I get back to you. Busy weekend planned, and most of the parts are in the garage attic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts