Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wow................. NEVER did I think that trying to have a little fun would have caused such an uproar.

First, I'll apologize to those who were offended by my creating two personas here, even though it says NOTHING about doing so in the rules that I clicked "I Agree" to way back in 2002. I admit, that character, Rookie, was not helping to spread the useful knowledge that so many come here to gain.

For those who may not know, yes , I created "Rookie" as a user here and was posting little bit under that username. I was simply trying to interject some fun back into this site. Fun is something that has been seriously lacking here for the better part of a year, or since the site was sold anyway. I mean, who doesn't miss 68FastCat? Well the "fun" came to an abrupt end several weeks ago when BOTH my accounts were closed with no explanation given. I wasn't even allowed to speak on my behalf. Come on.... even convicted murdurers get to speak at their own trial. I didn't learn of how disasterous my actions were until I read the "Announcement" at the top of the forums.

Now, I REALLY want to thank Bill B. and Leon for lobbying so strongly for me and mo2872. There were also upwards of TWO DOZEN others who either posted on my behalf, sent emails or PMs on other sites mentioning that they appreciate my contributions here.

Having friends like ALL of you, is the reason why I didn't just pull the plug on everything I've done here previously.

And to whom it may concern: While this little forced "time-out" has put a pretty big damper on my enthusiasm, I am in NO WAY through having fun.

Thanks for letting me say my piece.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Sounds to me like you need to be more careful when you setup your alternate identity next time >.>
Take lessons from ... well, not Clark Kent or Peter Parker. Probably not Batman either.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Glad to see you back here, like the Tin Man, Dorthy, The Lion and The Scarecrow were told..."Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"... Heck, I was begining to look forward to 'Rookies' tales of woe everyday. Yes, I agree that fun is a good thing, and you sir, will go down in the books as one that knows how to have it! Welcome back!!

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Glad to see you back here, like the Tin Man, Dorthy, The Lion and The Scarecrow were told..."Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"... Heck, I was begining to look forward to 'Rookies' tales of woe everyday. Yes, I agree that fun is a good thing, and you sir, will go down in the books as one that knows how to have it! Welcome back!!
LMAO.....tales of woe......

Where you located again???

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Now, I REALLY want to thank Bill B. and Leon for lobbying so strongly for me and mo2872. There were also upwards of TWO DOZEN others who either posted on my behalf, sent emails or PMs on other sites mentioning that they appreciate my contributions here.

Having friends like ALL of you, is the reason why I didn't just pull the plug on everything I've done here previously.
Ditto, thanks, all!!!

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Welcome back Mark and Todd. :) John

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Welcome back guys!! Even though I haven't missed your wit and sense of humor from posting on CCC, it nice seeing you post again over here.......
Thanks
Chuck

·
Registered
163 Posts
All too familiar, someone takes themselves too serious and decides to make money off of a site that was started for fun and information. The next step that will come is a fee to access the site and eventual slow grinding death.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Grinding Death?!? Dude I saw them back in '92 at the Hungry Beaver, they had like six Marshall stacks and an angle grinder. Those guys were NUTS. I mean, not as nuts as this place will be with these two hooligans back. But yeah. These two guys are both fun and funny, and very forthcoming with the helping and sharing knowledge and all that. Big fan, I am. Cheers guys!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Aaahhh, Hungry Beaver, what a place! Makes me all warm and fuzzy. Likewise I am glad to see these guys back, just really unfortunate that they got booted in the first place. I used to frequent a snowmobile forum that got so busy they implemented a "pay to play policy." Unfortunately, many of the most valuable members called bs and left. I love this place and hope we don't see the same trend developing.

·
Registered
418 Posts

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Good to see ya back Mark! You naughty boy!.....LOL

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
No hostile take overs on my part, LOL!

Ironically, I had told Logan several times that I was interested in taking on this site if he was ready to do something different, but I never brought my checkbook to the table (nor did Logan ever offer a price). In any event I am sure that Vertical Scope has deeper pockets than I.

I posted a too-long explanation of things the way I see them here:

http://www.classiccougarcommunity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=225&p=2034#p2034

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
  • 160 Million Pageviews Monthly
  • 30 Million Visitors Monthly
  • 7 Million Registered Members
  • 200+ Owned-and-Operated Web Sites
Think they care about what goes on on this site? :piss2:

·
Registered
780 Posts
This is great! I love it when things get spilled out on the table. Bring on the dirt!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts