Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm needing to order rear leaf springs for my 67. WCCC has many different choices based on engine and transmission. What are the differences? I have a 351C t5 but it was originally a 289 3 speed with air car.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Your gonna want front springs for a big block car then. Not sure on the leafs though - 69/70 had some options for drag pack cars - staggered shocks, whatnot....good question. The clevo weighs a lot more, so I guess you would need a bit more beef back there I suppose. I'd really consider going to a disc brake setup if it doesn't have it. That's a lot of meat to stop on the tiny drums.....

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a narrowed 9 inch with Versailles disks with ladder bars and coil over shocks. I have neen looking at new housings from a 66 since they are two inches narrower and i can hopefully keep my current 18x10 wheels. The front already has new lowering springs

·
Registered
11,950 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. I tried calling wccc to get some input on what springs to order but it was close to closing and nobody picked up. I need to order shock plates, shocks and other stuff... Any ideas as to what springs to choose? I want to order springs and some perches to see if I can squeeze the leaf springs on this rearend. Its narrow ( 47") but it might work. Dont know if my caliper mounting brackets will hit though. Maybe I could change to a different brake setup and gain more clearence.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Have you tried combing around on Mustang steve's site? Might be something there that will help - he is pretty knowlegable on lot's of swaps in this area - a good resource if you call or mail him....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts