Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 67 has a 351c. I have a 24" radiator and ran dual electric fans. The prev owner had the radiator just sitting on the front subframe and two brackets holding it on top.The top tank rests all the way against the top of the core support. The core support has been trimmed all the way around. I really dont know how it is supposed to be mounted. I would like to replace the radiator and mount it better. Post some pictures if you can
Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
67 w/24 " rad was mounted as described---the lower had u shaped saddles w/rubber in them and the top had a center clamp w/rubber----all 24" tanks wetre the same thickness---yor aftermarket tank is too thick for the clamp---might take two clamps and cut them and reweld for the top----the bottom is a different story---67 and 68 are not the same 68/70 rad are interchangeable as the lower saddle is the same---67 is all by it's self---i'd get some 68 saddles and rubbers and see if they fit---good luck
doctordesoto

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Or... You could support a Cougar business that supports Cougar owners and sites like this one and save some money!

<table id="Contents Table" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="600"><tbody><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr valign="top"><td width="600">1967 - 1973 Radiator Brackets
(Click Here for More Information or to Order)

Radiator Brackets for the 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972 and 1973 Mercury Cougar
</td></tr></tbody></table>

·
Registered
156 Posts
That's right Don! I've received advise from Don on items I had for sale. WCCC is a good place to do business with.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Or... You could support a Cougar business that supports Cougar owners and sites like this one and save some money!
I wasn't suggesting WHERE he should buy, just what parts he needs.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked at the brackets on Dons site, and have ordered from wccc before but I am having trouble visualizing how these different combinations of brackets work. When I bought my 67 there wasnt much stock on it so I dont know what its supposed to look like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts