Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Can any of you recognize what kind of car that is in the background? Only the front can be seen.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Looks like the front end of a 69 cyclone

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
German or English Ford Granada, late 60's/early 70's.

Or a 3rd-generation Cortina.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I don't see that big yellow turn signal in the first pic. Otherwise, I'd agree.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car was left hand drive.
The last time I remember driving this car was 20 years ago. It's a shame I didn't see the beauty of these cars back then. Would really like to know what kind of car it is and see if it is worth searching for. My father doesn't remember who he sold it to some 10-15 years ago.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
AMC Matador. (LOL)

·
Registered
780 Posts
What about a MKI Capri? I would of thought Cortina as well. My first car was a 67' Cortina GT with a Lotus 1500 in it.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Bumper is wrong for a Cyclone.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The picture was taken in Laos back in 1988. I'm pretty sure it was a US spec car since the US was all over Indochina during the 60s until 1975.

·
Registered
980 Posts
The fact that these people are smiling indicates that they haven't really driven any distance in this Cortina GT....

1966 Ford Cortina GT

<INS style="POSITION: relative; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline-table; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; VISIBILITY: visible; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><INS style="POSITION: relative; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; DISPLAY: block; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; VISIBILITY: visible; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 0px" id=aswift_1_anchor></INS></INS>
<INS style="POSITION: relative; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline-table; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; VISIBILITY: visible; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><INS style="POSITION: relative; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; DISPLAY: block; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; VISIBILITY: visible; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 0px" id=aswift_0_anchor></INS></INS>
<INS style="POSITION: relative; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline-table; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; VISIBILITY: visible; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><INS style="POSITION: relative; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; DISPLAY: block; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; VISIBILITY: visible; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 0px" id=aswift_0_anchor></INS></INS>

1 - 20 of 22 Posts