Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought tihs badge at the Ford Spring Swap and was wondering what it was offered on. Is it factory on some dress-up package or what.

I do know it is off a valve cover if that helps.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
None, but it has to be a 67 or a very early 68 being a 289 badge.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I don't have a clue but it might be fun to mount inside back window so folks can wonder with the 347 blowing by.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never thought of that, but actually if anyone asks, "Whats under the hood" I just tell them it a 302 with a carb, cam, and intake.:p:

·
11,000 Posts
Those badges came on some aftermarket valve covers John Baumann used to sell 10 or more years ago. They are not a factory part.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Royce,
One day i hope to inherit just one tenth your knowledge. course input in means deleteing data files stored so i have already purged things i dont need such as gardening and house cleaning. heck who needs that stuff. once again you are the guru and should have your own section here.

·
Registered
337 Posts
FoKKerj said:
None, but it has to be a 67 or a very early 68 being a 289 badge.
Actually, 289s were used throughout the 1968 model year, with MORE being used in the later half, strangely enough.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I stand corected

Wierd though that they did it that way. I just figured that they were just getting rid of the 289 cranks and rods from there invetory.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Royce I have been hanging onto it forever and been told about everything possible about it, but never a sure answer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts