Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Bud Moore Maxi Plenum? Looks to be able to accomodate multiple upper configurations.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
That is actually a Ford intake. I believe it was developed by the Shelby company. They had 5 different tops for them that I know of. I know of the single 2 barrel, single 4, single 4 Dominator, 4 singles, and 3 dueces. Would be really cool if you could get the other top plates too.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
I'm gonna guess Bud Moore (though I agree with Mike about the Ford thing too- so I don't really know...). Looks like an intake for the dirt trackers, with the 2v top and removable top plate. Lots of odd parts out there for 2v limited series like dirt.

A big time conversation piece, to be sure.
I'd love to have it, just for the versatility. I could play with all kinds of carburetion setups on the monster mile with one of those and close my stock hood.

A 2v clevo with a 500cfm Holley makes very good midrange and lots more torque than you'd expect. You can build a serious beast under that intake.

Too bad I have too much cleveland stuff now.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Bud Moore Maxi Plenum, a similar one was made for the 302B. The tops would swap between the intakes to get you a

1x4, 2x4, inline 4, 3x2</pre>

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
It is not the Bud Moore intake. The Bud Moore was an open box, set up kinda like a self contained cross ram. It had a removeable top as well, but its top was as wide and long as the rest of the intake.

Here is a link to the intake in question. http://351cleveland.wetpaint.com/page/Interchangable+3+duce

It is a VERY rare piece, one worth having.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts