Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in contact with Sal (69/70 convertible, metallic yellow, under restoration). I have been wondering what happened to him and hope he and his are okay. Anyone know anything?

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Thats a good question Bob, I have been wondering about the yellow 70 vert myself. His profile says he was on 5 days ago, hopefully he will chime in with something soon.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats a good question Bob, I have been wondering about the yellow 70 vert myself. His profile says he was on 5 days ago, hopefully he will chime in with something soon.
Yeah, saw that too so that's something, hope he and his family are okay.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I saw Sal two weeks ago at a local cruise night. He had his "70" standard green coupe at the show not the convertible. He was pretty disgusted with the lack of progress on the convertible. He has the car at his house and all of the body and paint work has been completed. It appears that someone in Tennessee has all of the chrome pieces for the convertible and has not returned those pieces to him. He sent them approximately a year ago to be replated. He desperately needs the pieces back to finish the car. He needs the chrome trim above the windshield to be returned so he can have the convertible top fit and installed for him.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'm still here and I'm still waiting on chrome. It's been a year and he is still finishing up and polishing. The guys name is Bubba Moon and the company is The Chrome Wizard in Tennessee. My 70 vert has been in the garage since May waiting for Chrome. Will keep you posted. Sal

·
Registered
389 Posts
Phone rings "yeah this here is bubba moon....yup I kin fix them there metal thangs and make them purty . Jus box em up an send them to mah and I'll git right on em. Yup send money too. "

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'm not saying much either way until I get my parts back., or if I get my parts back., or when,,, at least he still answers the phone when I call. Sal

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
It just could be he is one of those business people that just can't say, "HEY, I AM BACKED UP, AND IT'S GOING TO BE SEVERAL MONTHS BEFORE I CAN GET TO YOUR PARTS".

I have a personal friend, owns a very busy auto shop, but just can't tell it like it is. A customer will pull up to the service counter, they need a complete engine rebuild, and he will tell them, SURE, WE WILL GET RIGHT ON IT, and then they pull the engine the next day, push the car out, and WHO KNOWS WHEN IT WILL BE FINISHED. He doesn't cheat people, just can't TURN ANY BUSINESS AWAY.

Maybe Bubba is one of them............maybe.

Dale in Indy

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well anywho, glad Sal and his people are okay, I was wondering. Keep the faith Sal and hope you get your parts back soon.

Regards,

Bob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts