Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved my marti report on my Eliminator and the report reads that it came with a 428 SCJ (drag pack after 2/20/69).

What does it mean when it refers to the "drag pack after 2/20/69"?

What is the difference between pre 2/20/69 and post 2/20/69?

Thanks all in advance.

·
Registered
206 Posts
You might be able to contact a dealer and have them locate that option or package on their microfiche files. Only a dealer that was around back then will have them.

Good luck.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Drag pak

Before 2/20/69 If you orderd a 3:91 or 4:30 rear in a Cobra jet car you got the oil cooler and Super cobra jet engine for the costs of the gears, $43 or $65. After that you had to order the drag pak option for $165 or the Super drag pak option for $207. Ford closed the loop holes. They didn't like giving things away.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Eliminator

First let me say very cool on the drag pack deal...
If Kevin Marti told you that your cat came from dearborn, then you can contact Mrs. Lois Eminger, box 220 Dearborn, MI 48121-0220. For 40 Bucks she will have your original invoice. You also have to send her a copy of your car's title. The invoice info will probly tell you what that means...:ylsup: :ylsup: :ylsup:

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Lois Eminger apparently passed away some time ago.

Good news is that I've been told everything was transferred to Marti Autoworks. One stop shopping now.

badcat427 is bang on regarding the drag pack options...What a smarty cat. :D

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Mrs. Lois Eminger doing well!

Not according to Kevin Marti. I just talked with him yesterday,
and he reported that she is alive and still on top of her game.
It always makes me happy to report that someone is alive and well! To my knowledge the info is correct.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts