Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Cougar is Lime Frost and has Ivy Gold interior. I was wondering what people think of this color combination. Since the color is Ivy Gold, it seems like I won't be able to change the exterior color because no other colors will match. Also do you think this color is a little feminine at all, because the original owner of the car was a woman? Thanks

Here are some examples:

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae133/gotmilk2424/1968_00109_01.jpg

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae133/gotmilk2424/1967_mustang_fastback_lime_gold_gt350_001.jpg

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae133/gotmilk2424/BBCat02.jpg

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
No - It fits the era the car came from - lord knows there were much worse combo's!! I'm not a huge light green fan of any kind, but the two colors compliment pretty well IMO if you want period look.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
The combination of Lime Frost and Dark Ivy Gold is actually a pretty nice combo when the Lime Frost is fresh. BTW, that's my Cougar (BBCat) in your third link so I'm a bit biased. You're right that there aren't a lot of other colors that will go with the Dark Ivy Gold, but there are a few and some of them are very nice. Saxony Yellow, Polar White, Sea Foam Green, Augusta Green, Grecian Gold, and Light Beige are all possible exterior colors to complement a Dark Ivy Gold interior.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
I like LF, but I REALLY like Augusta Green w/ Dark Ivy, if you don't mind changing from the original color.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I wouldn't choose it, but it works for the era. I don't like the gold, though. Black would go with the exterior color and gold "could" go with black exterior... I guess.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The combination of Lime Frost and Dark Ivy Gold is actually a pretty nice combo when the Lime Frost is fresh. BTW, that's my Cougar (BBCat) in your third link so I'm a bit biased. You're right that there aren't a lot of other colors that will go with the Dark Ivy Gold, but there are a few and some of them are very nice. Saxony Yellow, Polar White, Sea Foam Green, Augusta Green, Grecian Gold, and Light Beige are all possible exterior colors to complement a Dark Ivy Gold interior.
I like most of those colors, but IMO they don't go to well with my interior.

I like Augusta Green, but like i said above, and I don't want to change the interior.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It looks good an fits the period. The Augusta Green looks like the color of my car with green interior with light green in the center of the seats.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Well everytime I look a mustang or cougar with this color scheme it seems like a woman has owned it lol. Maybe not the color, but with the Ivy Gold interior, which is LIGHT ivy. Can someone please find a mustang or cougar with a dark green or someone other color that has ivy gold interior so i can see what it looks like.

·
Registered
170 Posts
That's exactly the color combo my Cougar was born with. I never saw her that way though, previous owner changed the exterior to black and interior to grey, thankfully. :p

What about black for your exterior, keeping your interior as-is?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had a W code GT-E that was lime frost and dark gold interior.
It is white now. I liked the lime frost and white vinyl top.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts