Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Gold

Votes: 3 2.4%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What colour would you paint your cougar 67-70. 71-73 to follow, cos' they look so different from each other.
Red
Dark Blue
Light Blue
Yellow
Orange
Dark Green
Light Green
White
Black
Gold

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Id say Orange cuz Im painting mine that color, and Local Hero's car just stands out :)

Rick

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
There are too many variables to pick a Best Color. Any color can be right. Any color can look terrible too. I hate "resale red" because it's supposed to be more popular, it's reeks of opportunism. I usually like what is original to the car, or, if it's a custom, something that is done well and aesthetically pleasing.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I'm going Black or Purple, I saw a picture of a Purple Cougar on the web from Fla. that was painted the same color as the 67 GTO in the XXX Movie and it looked awesome! I'd like to get in touch with that person to ask them what the exact color was... I wont EVEN consider my original color, it was the Baby Bird **** Blue (eggshell blue or something)....... Blluuugggghhhh!!!!
Scott

·
Registered
183 Posts
Personally I would paint my Cougar dark blue as it is my favorite color. However I just painted my car 2 weeks ago and went with the original color of gold. I figured it was too hard to change the entire body color and I wanted to keep the original color.. oh well..

Kirk

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I love the cardinal red but also like the dark cherry, cinnamin and also the forest green.... I guess I just need more cats....

Don

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Cougar colors

By buddy had a 70 Eliminator that was sort of a butterscotch color. Not exactly my favorite color for a musclecar. For an Eliminator, I'd have to say whatever color Mercury called the equivalent to the Ford Calypso Coral. That's the redder of the two oranges. Hey, it looks good on the wife's 70 Mach!

I really like the dark green on a early Cat. Heck, I even like the dark green on the 71-73s, too!

This is a pic of a participant's dark green early Cat at one of our club's carshows.

The number board is for keeping track of entrant/car for the judging. We had the pics done at a one hour photo place, double prints, and if the car won an award one of the car's pics was put on the car's award plaque. We also made the pics available for purchace by the participant (the extra $$ added to our take for the show, which was all donated to charity)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I like my own grey-met, it´s not stock but it´s mine....

//Jazzon

·
Registered
120 Posts
I gotta agree with Rick, I like the comp. orange. Then again, you can't go wrong with black...

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
i like to paint mine comp gold or a silver metallic. But i like the comp gold myself
thanks
pat

·
Registered
87 Posts
hey "itow"
...uhhhh......
the color is called Pastel Blue, thank you very much.
And it makes a very nice sleeper color for my sleeper cougar as it is an original color. In my opinion everyone has one of the other colors ( and sometimes 2).
Ok......I feel better now.
Sorry :!!!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
GOLD GOLD. Mohave Gold. with 2 white stripes!!! he he he. for a 67/8 i had 2003 Thunderbird Blue planned. which i have a gallon of in the garage. only i modified it a bit to be brighter and it has more pearls in it. its pimp style yo. lol

·
Registered
329 Posts
If you want to keep It original get a report and paint it the original color I was going to change my color but found out that everything on my CAT is original so I had my CAT painted the original color I'm glad I did code N color Platinum-Blue 70 XR7 Ragtop

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm going with Viper Blue for mine. It will be complete with the two white GT stripes over the hood, roof, and trunk. I just like the way that blue catches the eye.

To each their own.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Black for me,I kinda like it now I talked myself out of emerald green

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Inverness Green is probably my favorite color for 67-8
Burnt Orange for 69

1 - 20 of 39 Posts