Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tag on my door was painted over, so I have no idea what the interior color is, but found this photo on the net which looks to be the same color. Just wished mine was in this condition.

This is in a 70 XR7

Attachments

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Looks like Saddle to me!

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Not called Saddle

This color of interior is actually called Ginger. I have it on both of my 70 cats. You can find the code for your interior in the shop manual. There are so many different styles you have to know what each one looks like. The one in the picture you showed us is an XR-7 interior. Just my 2 cents.:)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I've got to get a Marti report to determine what was on the data plate. The PO painted over it, and it's not readable. These seats look to be the same color as mine but mine are faded and weathered pretty bad, I guess from the top being down all the time. Mine is the XR7 as well.

Does anyone make upholstery kits for the cougars like they do for the mustangs? I know TMI will make a custom set for you if you send them your seats, but I'm not to keen on the ideal of having to trust UPS with my seats. And the cost isn't that pretty either.

·
Registered
206 Posts
i have door panels

i have door panels and rear side panels in ginger $100 for set

·
Registered
97 Posts
if you remove the pass seat pinched under the seat is a build sheet that will have all the options listed right down to the color of the shock absorbers and speedo gear color ...that is if it is still there....be very carfull after all it is paper that is 30+ yrs old and will rip easy....
hope this helps

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Ooops, Another 'Senior' moment

Why on earth did I say it was Saddle? What in the heck is wrong with me? I know it is Ginger. Alpha Cat has a Ginger interior. :1poke:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts