Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just got these two parts from a friend, and I honestly am not sure what they're for. I'm guessing they're something for the wheel on a 1967 or 1968, but I just would like to know for sure. Also, are they worth anything? They're in pretty good shape. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
I do beleve they are 68/69 hubcap centers. I have seen several sets. I think they came on b0oth Cougars and Comets.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I think they were on my 69 XR-7 convertible. I say "think" because I have styled steel wheels on there now and they were in the trunk of my Cat. The rest of the wheelcover looked like otherwise regular 69 XR-7 covers plus the recessed spinners.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
HMMMMM,
pretty neat pair of centers there. Check ebay you may find a 2nd pair on there to match the 2 if you decide to keep them. Amazing what we find nowadays.
thanks
pat

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
These are 68 spinner hubcap centers. Also installed on a few early 69's with a deluxe hubcap option.( usually convertibles)
They are nice and I saw a mint NOS set go for around $400.
They mount to the center of any 68/69 xr-7 hubcap.
They are shown and listed in the 68 and 69 factory brochures and in the 69 accessories catalog.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts