Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a 71 Xr-7 in California and am considering buying it, what i need to know is how to i deal with the title and registering a out of state car.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Check with Judy, she has just been doing quite alot with titles etc.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I can only speak for New Jersey where I live. I have bought 3 cougars, all out of state. The title work was no different than buying a car instate. All you need is the signed title.

Steve

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Dave, you need a current title, or if there isn't one(some states don't require a title if the car is over 10 years old) a current registration for the car you want to buy..
And besure to check the VIN #..........
On the car and any paperwork.

Bruce

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I know that if you buy a car in cali and it's an out-of state car... they want it registered by YOU in the original state.... before you can get tags... at least that is way way it worked for me ..
DMVs pretty much suck everywhere though... IMHO

Don

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I got the signed title from the original owner and not from the second owner but, I'm not putting Ginger on the road. (parts)

The 280Z was a Florida title with my NC address on it. Not registered.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
In NH you need a title if the car is less than 10 years old. Ten years on you only need a bill of sale. I kept the original Utah tittle to mine because I got a Bill of Sale when I bought it in Utah. I used the Bill of Sale to register it when I got it home and kept the title.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts