Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Then another question

Will a 69xr7 low fuel sending unit work in a 68 xr7 gas tank. I always assumed the tanks are different,and the levers might not work the same. I noticed on the 69xr7 and the 70 xr7,the only thing different is the part numbers first two numbers c9 or it says d0,but after that all is the same will they interchange too..

thanks again

John

forget the rear valance question..guy thought I had a rear spoiler for sale!!lol..

·
Registered
352 Posts
Good question. The '68 tank is 16 gallons and the '69 is 20 gallons. They look the same size except a little deeper (8" vs. 9" thick). The fuel float lever should be calibrated differently, but I don't know for sure. I would like to know too!

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Good question. The '68 tank is 16 gallons and the '69 is 20 gallons. They look the same size except a little deeper (8" vs. 9" thick). The fuel float lever should be calibrated differently, but I don't know for sure. I would like to know too!
Same is also true of 69 vs 70, different capacities and thus a difference in the senders.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The 1969 and 1970 Valences are the same.

I can't tell you about the 1969 vs the 1968 sending unit, but the 1969 low fuel and 1970 low fuel units are essentially identical with the exception of the length of the arm, with the 1970 version having the longer arm. In effect, if you had a working unit of the wrong year and a dead one of the correct year, you could remove and reweld the proper arm onto the good unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts