Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
At least it wasn't a first gen... would have been better as a Mustang.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
At least it wasn't a first gen... would have been better as a Mustang.
Hee hee! A big ol' 71-73 Fastback! ...that would look BA! In a totally ******* kinda way, of course :)

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
I had a buddy do that with a 4 door Malibu (72 or so body on a K5 frame).
It actually made a nice vehicle for commuting the mountains but was a complete abortion otherwise.

Mustang fastback:
<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xlN67GjGS18?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
After looking at that poor Mustang fastback, I bet there are some Mustang fans out there having a Myocardial Infarction a.k.a heart attack.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
I saw one of these in Santa Fe last weekend, but it was a '97 and a nice car....truck....weird thing.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
At least the Coug body didn't get cut up any. It looks to be just bolted to the 4x4 truck frame.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I like the way his foot hangs out from under the rocker panel - yabba dabba doooo!!!!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I saw a cool 4x4 driving around 2 days ago. It was a canary yellow 64 Falcon Rancharo on must have been a Bronco II chassie. That thing was nice!!!!

·
Registered
992 Posts
I remember in Ocean City NJ in the early 80's there was a gas station that had a PAIR of late 60's/early 70's Corvettes done up like this in 4x4 fashion. Not a cougar, but still a WTF.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts