Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
well as the subject says it says it all.1st off monday i get massive errors in my computer.Finally get it back try n plug it in and hook everything up.NADA, i get a override message, tear it down bring it back it works there,take it home hook it up guess what?Yep get the override message again,tear it apart again bring it back found the problem.Darn clip that holds the photo card in was missing and the card came out just enough so it wouldnt work.Well its fixed now (140.00 later) said it was so hot you couldnt touch it, and the guy that repaired it said he burnt himself accidently from it.Then i took my cougar for a drive the speedodometer wasnt working.Too it apart last night turns out the coil in the collar had broken inside and stopped working.WTF so i got the whole dash apart right now and ordered a new speedodometer cable.Had a used 1 but that didnt work out.Got let go from my job(but luckily i got a new job lined up here).Then the house were living in the people were renting it from has the house on the market and if it sells we got 15 days to move out.So as you can see its been kinda of a rough week, but good thing is i got a good job here now(keep my fingers crossed i dont get cut loose)and i got the 70 back from my folks.They couldnt see me without a cougar although i was supposed to have the eliminator sold but that is still up in the air.I may just say screw it n keep it n put itin storage here in FL and wait and see how things go.But sorry ta talk everyones ear off.Had a little fustration off.
thanks
pat
1970 standard tripe white convertible
1970 eliminator9still up in the air but may stay in the litter box)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey man, that does sound like a rough week, but it can only get better from here right? That esp sucks about the people you are renting the house from...:( Hang in there man, everything will work out just fine. Just go find an open stretch of highway and let one of those cats loose :D

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Hey Pat

Things are looking up - you don't have to move to where it snows and you have to park your Cougar for 6 months

Like death and taxes - old cars and computers will always break down

Let us know how you go with the speedo cable - had mine apart for a couple of months trying to get the inclination to replace it

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Mine has been fun too though not as threatening as yours. Put new seeddometer cable Monday. Test drove worked great. Next Morning no speedometer reading. Found cable had gotten too close to exhost pipe and melted coating. It bound inner cable up solid and gear eaten. Paid $74 for cable from Ford. Found new one from NAPA $23.00. car not charging on Tuesday put in new alternator and regulator. Wednesday batery dead, recharged and had to get jump x2 to get home. Thursday new alternator bench tested fine. Friday found piged together wire broken off of ground to fuse pannel. Everything works now and I will spend weekend checking all of the broken and cut wires found under dash. Didn't need alternator or regulator but now I know the new ones are good.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well hope it works out

HI Again,
seems to me that everytime ya think yer ahead you just fall back.But it doesnt hurt to keep trying.Here it is a sunny saturday afternon and no car to drive. As it sits in the garage and the dash is in pieces.But i did finally get my vanity plate thursday and put it on yesterday.My 1st ever vanity plate once the dash is together i`ll take a picture of it .But yeah it sucks that this house is on the market, but eventually i`ll buy a house and have a place to store the 2 cougars.I had a buyer for it (well actually 2) but i never received a payment,a email a phone call so no email no payment no phone call NO SALE. And there was someone localy that wanted it and he backed out so that deal is out.But i got ideas for it its gonna be redone alright but eventually ill fill you in as it is starting,progressing and near finishing.Anyone into boats?I am going to be working for a company caled LUHRS there a big company i heard that builds boats.I landed a job as a painter there so i am excited.
thanks
pat
1970 standard triple white convertible
1970 eliminator(resto "red" ? "mod" ? who knows time will tell

·
Registered
127 Posts
I wish I could afford a big boat, but other than that I usually stick to dry land.:)

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well it arrived

The deposit for the eliminator has finally arrived from cuecode aka jeff lytle so now that thats squared away i can concentrate on my 70 vert for the new wheels i got in mind American racing torque thrust II`s
ttyl
pat
1970 standard triple white convertible
1970 eliminator (man i must sound like a broken record SOLD)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts