Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would take the opportunity to make my 6000th post a self-depricating one! Oh and BTW, greetings from Cork, Ireland. Dublin was great and The Cliff House at Ardmore on the coast was spectacular. Tomorrow off to Killarney and we'll do part of the ring of Kerry along the way.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Congrats Bob!

And I thought I was a Blabbermouth at 3,xxx posts ;)

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
What? no time for goff?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not so far Scott but it has come up. Weather has been very nice (and somewhat uncharacteristic for Ireland).

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Yeah, ^^what he said? Gotta do that while there! Obviously the rest of us aren't yaking enough....:1poke:

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yep, Kissed the Blarney Stone yesterday morning on the way to Killarney via part of the ring of Kerry. The others were afraid to do it (you have to lean back on you back and be lowered down inside part of the ridge around the top of the castle to do it!). The hotel at Killarney is not too shabby, not too shabby at all! This is the view from the hotel room balcony:

And from the lounge chair by the outdoor pool/hottub:

McGillicuddy Reek Mountains in the background, truly spectacular.

The weather has been phenomenal, I got a little sunburned laying around the pool/hottub today. I never imagined Ireland would be as nice as it is. I highly recommend visiting.

There are not too many things that I would feel good about making finishing the car harder/more compressed upon my arrival home, but this trip has been really great.

Driving on the left side of the road was a little scary at first (but at least I was hipped to the idea of getting an automatic ($$) so I wasn't both driving on the left side and driving a stick too - with my left hand! Put over 500 km on the Skoda (Czech Republic - wholly owned by VW since 2000) Octavia rental so far. Pretty nice car and seems to get pretty good diesel mileage, used just over 1/2 tank so far. Cheapest diesel I have seen is Euro 1.43 9/10 per liter. I have a feeling this is WAY expensive in US. Lessee: 1 gallon = 3.78 liters, 1.43 9/10 x 3.78 = Euro 5.43 9/10 per gallon. Euro 1 = 1.47 USD, so 5.43 9/10 x 1.47 = $7.98 per gallon. Kind of puts our gas prices in perspective, huh?

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Actually I'm surprised the petro is that cheap considering it was 5/gal when I was there about 14 years ago! Very nice pics!! Makes me thirst for a Guiness...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts