Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...

How many people here are going to the west coast nationals? Anyone have their car registered for judging or display?

I've got mine set for Display and have volunteered to help out with the club (SoCalCougarClub) booth/setup/parking, etc...

Robert

Oh yeah, they're raffling the 67 Standard off too.. I have tickets for $5 if anyone can't go, but wants a ticket... don't have to be here to win it. Would rather it go to someone here than some shmo who walked in and bought a ticket with his hotdog!!! hehe

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I going.... Not sure if I'm just gonna display or go in the 67/68 class. I sent my reg. off yesterday.

Don:D

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'll be at the National's this year! It's my first National so I'm a rookie but I'm looking forward to the experience. My brother and cousin will be coming with me as well as one of my best friends. We're making a guys weekend out of it. It's gonna be great! Looking forward to meeting as many other Cougar enthusiasts as I can.

See you guys (and gals) there!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'll be going. Talked to my boss and got Sat. off also, like a minny vacation for me. 2 days off in a row that dosen't happen very often. The last real vacation I had was about 4 years ago. Since I took this new postion at work just havn't been able to take a real vacation. Alls good, just good to have a job. This will be my first Nat also. Won't be able to put my car in though. I will be driving her down. See ya all there. Paul W. std

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
both heidi and i will be there but wont be taking either cat as of yet. got my hundred all ready to buy some of those tickets though! cant miss me im 6'4'' and tattos up both arms and spider webs on the elbows. and i will be wearing a cougar hat as well. feel free to say High!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hm, spiderwebs on the elbows... yeah, we had a lecture about those while we were in Korea, Japan, Germany and the US... go figure... :)

Will look forward to meeting you guys... I'm the one that looks alot like my icon.. :mad:

Robert

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
What was the lecture i love hearing about what they are supposed to mean. i got them because i thought they loked kewl no hidden meaning just did it shear whim. most everyone asks me what is the meaning and the only one i did for any reason was because it was a tshirt i was told not to wear to school anymore, has a naked gal on top of a skull. so in typical 18 yr old brandishment i tattooed it on my arm and went to my teacher and told him now make me take it off. Ohh to be young dumb and full of... wel you know the rest.:D :D

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
young dumb and fulla.. hm, seems now days it's

Old with smarts and fulla fa, well you get the idea...

Hm, I think the most common lecture we got on the spiderwebs was that it was the badge of having capped someone. Then it was the neonazi thing while I was in Germany...

Oh! speaking of Germany... Just for the record... it is NOT, I repeat NOT a good idea to do that old nazi goose-marching thing on a military base while in uniform (us army)... I, uh, have a "friend" that did that... they DON'T see it as amusing over there for some reason... go figure...

Robert

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm going...last nationals I brought my car on a trailer in as much it was only 2/3rds done. It still got alot of interest and alot of questions on restoration. Bring and enter your cars no matter what condition they are in. Everybody is interested in every cougar!

Art Hopkins
Huntington Beach, California

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
ive heard that it also means you did ten years in prison and loads of others. everyone with them i have ever seen and talked to got them just cuz they liked the way they looked. what a grin:D :D

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, on the 8th of this month when I registered mine for the display only category, I was the 55th cougar... with just under a month to go, and the two weeks since that number, I'm hoping there's 100+ also... :)

+1 when I win the 67 though... :) :) :)

Robert

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
I have my registration pack now. I'm in the daily driver class. I plan a long drive down as I plan to stop and see my folks in the Reno NV area. I'm going down eastern or central Oregon. Then I will go over to I5 from Reno and down to L.A. I'm planing to get to the Hotel on thursdaythe 18th. Hope to put some faces to the names from here and the Classic group on Yahoo. See ya in L.A. Neal.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm not sure if I can go, do you think I'd have a problem bringing the beater in day of show?

I wouldn't mind just cruising in, and sure, I'll show the cougar. Why the hell not. :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Why Not??? that's all I'm doing is putting mine in the Display Only category... it's not judged, just another cat to add to the total there.

Besides, I wanted to say I entered into a car show thang...

:)
Robert

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'll be coming down on Saturday. I would like to put my car in just for looks. If I pay the 10.00 will I be able to get in? Noway I can get there on Friday. If I leave here Around 5 am or so (depending on the wife's time) I can be at my motel by 8 am and down to the show by 9 am of course The geart L.A. traffic needs to be running smoothly. So do you think they will let me in? See ya all there.
Paul W. 67std

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hm, I dunno.. I know they're having all that pre-registration stuff unitil like 6pm on Friday I think... not sure what happens on Saturday... I'm still kinda lost about all this stuff... and if my car is on display, can I leave at any time? or do I have to wait til the end and stick it out????? hmmmmm

Robert

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
i know at Knotts we all had to wait till the end of the show. i was tired at the end ... too much walking and Mustangs lol.

·
Registered
179 Posts
This will be my second NATS. I think well be down there Fri nite. The bad part is I'm going to have to spend some serious time cleaning this thing up. Went up north of Sacramento two weeks ago and made a mess about of it.
Mark

1 - 20 of 21 Posts