Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the last West Coast Nationals, but I couldn't stay for the dinner. How formal dress is the dinner?
Mark

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody?......Hello........Heeellllllllloooooooooo........
Mark :D

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yeah, I'm with logan on this one..

I heard it's black tie or they won't let ya in ;)

actually, I haven't a clue...

Robert

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
OC Cougar and I are dressing up like Jim Carrey in
Dumb and Dumber I am wearing the Orange Tux and He's wearing the Blue number.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nats Awards Banquet Dress Code

I was one of the guest speakers at the 2000 Nats West Awards Banquet. I wore a sport coat and slacks, and felt like I was way over dressed for the occasion. It was extremely casual.

When I take the podium this year (yeah, I'm back again as a guest speaker by popular demand, or maybe because they were really hard up for a speaker) I will be wearing the brightest Hawaiian shirt I can find. If my speachifying doesn't keep you guys awake, my shirt will!

Keep on Cattin'!

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
put me down for loud Hawaiian as well

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well...... the reason I asked is that this time of year, for me formal means sandals instead of barefoot (aTux, give me a break, then I'd have to wear SOCKS!!!!). Most of the time I'm wearing swim trunks and Tshirt. Soooo I fiqured I'd ask so I won't look even more out of place then I normally do ;) See ya all this weekend.
Mark

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Yeah!!!!!! yeah!!!!!! Hawian shirt... Thats the ticket!!!!!! Count me in:D :D :D

Don

·
Registered
102 Posts
Forums Nats Uniform of the Day

Hey, I think we've got something here. A while back there was a thread about having MercuryCougar.net T-shirts as a way of identifying Forum Folks at the Nats. Instead, how about Hawaiian shirts? Everybody wears T-shirts with stuff printed on 'em, but Hawaiian shirts are more distinctive, cooler and kewler!

Cattin' Island Style...no sweat, brudda! :jump3:

Steve

·
Registered
102 Posts
Cheaper? Gee, I figured Hawaiian shirts with embroidered logos and our names on them would be more expensive than T-shirts. Please make mine red palm trees on a purple background my name in yellow. Is there room to get TCCN on my shirt, too?

Keep on Nats Cattin'! :angelg:

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Logos and names?!? Holy smokes! Naw, I was thinkin' it'd just be an inside thing, like a secret handshake. :)

Go buy your own hawaiian shirt!! :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Disappointment!

Gee whiz. No names? No logos? How do you say "cheapskate" in Hawaiian? :sun:

I like the secret handshake idea, though. Can we have secret decoder rings, too?

Keep on Cattin'!

Steve

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Steve what if you are a hawian shirt? can i still go? is clothing then optional?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts