Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am wanting to know if anybody knows were I can find a good car shelter for my cougar? I am looking for one that has a cover over both sides an the back an on the front it has a flap were you can open an close it to pull the car in an out. The cougar will be sitting outside an I want it protected from the elements to keep it from rusting.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got one at Harbor Freight Tools a few years ago. I kept my '71 Javelin in it while I was planning and building my new garage. Works good for keeping the rain and sun off, but it won't keep out the moisture in the air. I had a fair bit of mold and mildew form on the interior while it was stored in there. It will be a lot wetter in there than if it was in a proper garage, so I don't think you should consider that a long term solution. I also had a mouse infestation and had to put rat/mouse poison in the car to keep them from moving in and destroying stuff.
Jeff
EDIT: I should have mentioned, my auto shelter survived hurricane Rita and Ike moving through Houston with no damage. After about 5 years the sun caused the nylon cover to get brittle and start to crack, but it worked pretty well up until then. Think I paid $150 at Harbor Freight, and I still have the metal frame pieces in my attic in case I want to use it again, I'll just throw a big tarp over the frame.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Costo has them also. I use three of them before I got a real shop. As Jeff stated, moisture can still be a problem. But not as bad as just putting a tarp over it. Some have vented tops and are IMO better then ones with out.

Edit, While it will not help you, I live too far away. I have 2 I would not mind finding new homes for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts