Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 427 has about 50 miles on it now. I used a half tank of gas, checked the odometer with the new speedo gears on the freeway.

It is way different with the 2.75 gears. At 40 MPH if I punch it the transmission downshifts twice, then smokes the right rear tire and upshifts into second! Lots of fun. I still plan on driving the car to the CCOA nats if all the bugs are worked out by then. I want to change the rear springs, have not decided but am leaning towards ESPO.

Attachments

·
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Engine Pic

Have to show the motor......

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
wow....nice! Quite the awesome collection you have there..
Chris

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Royce..... YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!!

Very nice

Don

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
damn Royce. swing by Norwalk and ill buy ya some Starbucks if i can go for a ride. cmon. never been in a Big Block Cougar... please? lol

·
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used to live in Long Beach. It's a long ways from here (Cincinnati, OH suburb) to where you are. You are lucky to have great weather and the best junk yards anywhere. We have rain and snow and the junk yards have nothing older than 1985 in most cases.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
ROYCE,
great collection ya got there, now are all the cars driveable?Love the size of the garage you got as well...
thanks
pat

·
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The XR7-G is not driveable, plus I just sold it. So the cars that belong to me all run, very well I might add.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
speaking of junkyards i need to check em out tomorrow. been too long and im out of work so Ebay needs to be kind to me :D

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Yah Royce, all that big block power, it's impossible not to use it. Not to mention, how much fun it is too use it...

Bruce

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Royce, you sold the G already, nothing wrong with the word profit but we gotta talk....... Jon

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Royce - how big is that garage. Looks ideal.

Steve - If you ever motor west I'll buy you a Starbucks (even though I don't know why anyone would want to drink that stuff) and give you a ride in the 428 convert.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Damn, Royce!

Sounds like you're having waaaaaay too much fun! There is no known cure for LFD (Lead-Foot Disease). Not that we'd want one anyway! LOL :D

I've had the pleasure of romping on several big block cars, mostly Mustangs. I drove my buddy Terry's 69 Boss 429 to a [email protected] pass smoking the 8"slicks through first gear, and rode in a tweaked 69 Mach 1 428SCJ/C6. Both set you right back in the seat like nothing else. On a scale of 1 to 10, Big Block cars rate a 12.4 on my giggle meter.

I'll be assembling AlphaCat's 351C-4V next weekend. 11.3:1, Lunati race cam, massaged 4V heads, roller rocker conversion... I still haven't decided on converter for the C-6 -- either 3500 or 4000 stall speed. Then 3.91 Detroit locker rear. That should get my 3700 pound Cat moving, eh?

I'm really looking forward to creating a little Cougar mayhem at the 2004 Nats in Louisville!

·
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Leon,

The garage is 30' deep by 60' wide. It has two 14 foot doors. As you can see I keep 3 cars in the end without doors, that leaves four bays where cars can come in and out. Ceiling is 10' and there is a full second floor for parts storage. It is air conditioned and heated. Still need to buy an old refrigerator to put a keg of Little Kings into.

The XR7-G was purchased with no intent of selling but there is a point where anything is for sale.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Do you have a pivture of the Cardinal red XR-7 up on this board??

Don

·
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don,
It was originally Cardinal Red, currently it is painted Black Cherry. Several pics are in my gallery.

·
Registered
145 Posts
South Bay

I hear you on the junkyards...I grew up in Torrance...and would spend at least 3 hours a week scrounging around in Pick you Part (both of them) and Ecology...when I started picking the yards, it wasn't rare to see 3-5 cougars in the Ford section, but now they've gotten a little more scarce. Once again, nice collection! Why the move from the south bay?
chris

·
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Had to go where I was wanted, more money!

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Royce Peterson said:
Don,
It was originally Cardinal Red, currently it is painted Black Cherry. Several pics are in my gallery.

That''s what I thought Black cherry is my 2nd favorite color!!! 'specially with a blackk top!!

Don

1 - 20 of 23 Posts