Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after driving 5hrs yesterday and countless hours days prior it turns out the car i was looking for was practically in my yard (25 mins away).i am the proud owner of a 1970 cougar. its a plain ordinary cougar but is very clean new paint rebuilt motor and tranny pretty much a driver that can be shown as well.i bought it from the second owner who had it since 1978. he put countless hours in the car it was his passion for many years. he has kids now that are aproaching teen years and was pretty upset that the cash in his hand would not replace the smile on his face when his oldest son would have pulled out of the driveway in his dads pride and joy.i assured him that i would give this car a good home. i felt bad driving away but i knew i was not bull****ting him. on the drive home i had countless people give me a nod and even got a thumbs up from a guy in a jetta:D .now i know this is gonna be a cool car to own. heres some pics, my name is john and im a cougaloholic.
http://www.blwn5spd.com/1970cougar.html?1043626334907

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Congratulations, Welcome to the wonderful world of cougar...
Your car looks real nice. I hope you have good luck with it...

Bruce

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Welcome aboard. Car looks pretty decent. I've had the cougar bug when I went to buy my first car (looking for a camaro and ended with my baby) 25 years ago. Good Luck

Sensei69

·
Registered
885 Posts
John,

Nice car. I own a '70 XR7 convertible, so I appreciate a Cougar vintage of this year. My first fond memories of these cars was because I admired the sequential turn signals. I wished more cars were like that.

Steve C.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
You will now be known as Papa Smurf...nice looking ride!

·
Registered
337 Posts
blwn5spd said:
thanks for the info i guess they will stay on then.lol.
No problem. I'm sure these are reproductions, of course, but they are supposed to be there.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
John,
Nice looking Cougar, I have several 69 and 70 Cougars. I also am a Cougaloholic.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts