Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As soon as this nasty holiday is over with (BAH HUMBUG) and i get my garage back from the boxes of lights and christmas doodads it looks like the 69 can fianlly be wheeled into the garage for its makeover. now that i finally decided what to do to it and made the final descision to what colour it will become the rest has been just a matter of duckets. So the next time your needing the money for that restomod or turning that xr7 into a eliminator send the wife out and have her crash your newer car to finance the old one. sounds simple doesnt it?:D course now i got to go look at new cars and they quit making good cars at 1974 ( 74 cuda) soo she wants something newer but it needs to acomodate my 6'2" frame and im 4 feet across just about shoulder tip to tip (good michigan farm livin) and the only option i have is a moostang (sick) or finace a new house with the new tbird or even worse have to go over to a corvette. Okay thats one chevy i wont mind owning all that much. I wont own a station wagon read SUV i know a station wagon when im looking at it. it has to be a v8 and can only have two doors. dont want much do i? did i mention rear wheel drive? ya that too. so anyways we go looking on the lots and i will be danged if i can tell one jelly beans from the next that is if you can see them behind the row upon row of staion wagons stacked in front. I mean there is really no diffrence anymore i cant tell you what anything is even by the front or rearend. if it was up to me we would be buying something more along the line of a ohhh i dont know 67 cougar sounds fgood i aint got one of those yet. But the one good thing is that at least i can now dedicate some good hard green towards the 69 clone and my good girl decided to let me go get a ranchero so we can trade the ranger in on her car bless her heart, she does love me.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
wait a year and see what GM makes of the new GTO...... until then, buy a used Toyota or something that wont depreciate much until then.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Station wagon (to be different)

I've got a real station wagon for you! Well, its my buddy Jim's and probably not for sale, but it sure is different.

How 'bout a 54 Studebaker Conestoga? That's a two-door wagon, V-8 powered and rear wheel drive. Jim has it resto-modded with a SBC, automatic overdrive and Ford 8" rearend. It gets more attention than anything else at our local cruises and it is in 'black suede' paint (black epoxy primer) Looks cool. Kinda like a station wagon version of the Batmobile (the 60's TV series Batmobile had 50s Studebaker front grillework). The interior is pattened after the modern bucket seats he got from a Ranger XLT, and his wife is stitching up the rest of the upholstery to match.

Wagons are a hot trend right now for the street rod crowd.

Jim and his wife drive it all over here in the summer, going to swap meets, flea markets, and antique-ing.

Sure beats a minivan or SUV, eh?

Oh, and BTW, Jim is a big guy too! LOL

Dare to be different!

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but sinces its the new thing then how could i be diffrent? anyhow she wants a newer car with airbags still freaked about the accident and she wants it less than five years old. I would buy another cat but she says if anythiong goes wrong with it she would always compare it to blue cat so it looks like the two options are the lincoln mark 8 and the cadilac eldorado even though its front wheel drive but she says it will make her mom green with envy so i gues thats what we are hunting for. anyone out there have either of these want to coment?

·
Registered
889 Posts
this car is great

A Caddy DLS out of all the new cars (cars only)that car is a sweet ride very roomy too_Or try finding a used Merauder.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maruader would be okay if it was a 2 door i wont own a 4 door

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thought about that but im holding out till the 2007 model so i have a 2007 and a 1957 i think it would be neat for that plus they are putting superchargers in 2005 so i can get an Fbird.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
cougarguy said:
maruader would be okay if it was a 2 door i wont own a 4 door
Well hey.... Just weld up the back doors!! Now That would different:D

Don

1 - 11 of 11 Posts