Mercury Cougar Owners banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Garey, if your serious. Send me some pictures, specs and an idea of what your looking for.

Bruce

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
xr7gt said:
That's my story and I am sticking to it.
Truth be told I am more interested in the car now because of it's options. I can't wait till I enter it in the 68 XR7 Class at the nationals and they try to get me to enter it in the GT Class.
Please have patience my friend, you will surely meet some "Bubba Gump" car coonnyeosaur who knows everything there is to know about the cougerin bidness-and they will eventually drive you nuts...of course you get the most accurate information here at the site, but lots of people will not believe you. It has been my observation that the bigger a show is, the more idiots it will attract!
Been there-Done that-it happened to me!
The next thing you will find out is the "FE" stands for "Frigging Expensive!"
And thirdly-job well done for putting forth the effort required to gather and seek out all this information, and then learn it.
I personally have amassed a small library, containing nothing but Mercury/Ford information pertaining to Eliminators,(mine is an "S" code) and still find unusual things from time to time about them.
:ylsup: :ylsup: :ylsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh Garey I know the feeling!! I bought the '67 S-Code and thought it was a GT. That was until I got the Marti report. Someone ordered a well optioned XR7 with 390/C6, A/C, PS, PDB, 9"....but didn't get the GT handling package- Say what?!

I still don't understand it :rolleyes:...but I do dig those 6.5 Litre Emblems over the GT's. :D

-Rob
My first car was a 67 cougar Exar 76.5 mine had a hood scoop I know I have the Vin number somewhere I’m curious if I had a Dan Gurney special.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts