Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In march issue of Hot Rod eastwood has an add for a plasma cutter and tig welder for $999.00 for HR subscribers. anybody ever buy something like these from eastwood if so how well do they work?

·
Registered
218 Posts
It depends on what you are wanting out of the machine. if you aren't going to use it but every once in a while i'd say it would be good. The price is definitely a lot better than a miller or lincoln but not as reliable. I have a miller dynasty and it's the best tig machine i've ever used by far. If you talk to your local welding shop they should be able to get you a discount compared to the prices online. Plus, they will set you up with an account to get you argon and other parts that are readily available in stock (torch, electrodes, regulator, etc...) whereas eastwoods wouldn't be able to do that.
What are you wanting out of the machine is the main question?....

·
Registered
667 Posts
I been looking at plasma cutters my self..Hard to believe but even the cheap ones on ebay get good feedback on youtube.Even the bad wasnt so bad crappy fittings that change out easy. I still have not pulled the trigger on one yet will be soon tho. Try searching youtube for the brand name see what kind of info you can come up with.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to use it to cut up a parts car for the panels,wouldn't be used every day. Eastwood seems like good stuff but you don't know until somebody uses one. Just looking for something dependable. i have a miller 135 mig and works great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts