Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome everyone to the new club forum for the members of the Great Lakes Cougar Club. Our club covers eastern Michigan, western New York, and Ontario (and any other eastern Canadian residents who wish to join).

We have set up this new forum in the hopes of seeing some more interaction on a regular basis between our club members. This site is a great resource for any Cougar owner, there is a literally a treasure trove of information available using the search feature. If you can't find an answer that way, please don't hesitate to post your question or comment in the appropriate forum. Forum members here are extremely helpful, and have a wealth of Cougar-specific and general Ford knowledge to assist others.

So enjoy your stay here, and please take the time to make a quick post to say hello to everyone.

cheers

Ed Nicholson
Club Secretary -- GLCC

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good to see activity in the club

i joined the club a year ago when i purchased my first 68 cougar standard. Since last May I have busy collecting bits and pieces and have used this forum to get helpful hints and tips on finding those odds and ends I have needed.

Great to see that the club has become more active and is looking for ways to connect with it's membership. I look forward to being active on this forum and also being able to stay in touch with club members.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome readyserve, where are you located?

The GLCC executive has been trying to come up with more events for our members, but it's been tough. Getting lots of people from a wide area together in one spot on a given day can be a challenge!!

cheers
Ed N.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Hi, I am new to this forum...My family has had a '68 cougar since I was very young. My mom used to drive it as a second family car. When I was of driving age I used to drive it to school, and then to university. For my 21st birthday, my parents gave the car to me. After some time though, it rusted out and that was that. My family and I especially were so attached to the car, that my dad vowed he would rebuild it. He had all the parts but no body healthy enough to restore. It was only in the last decade that he found one good enough and so began the restoration. I am happy to say that my dad restored a '67 cougar and gave it to me in november. It is a beautiful sunset yellow with black stipes on the trunk and one large stripe on the hood, a black vinyl top and a rebuilt engine that purrrrs. I would like to take it to some shows around the area but know little of this procedure etc. I live in Hamilton, Ontario. Can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From Mark Hassard:

I am sorry to report that the Great Lakes Cougar Club has folded. As of January 1, 2011 it no longer is a functioning club.

Members were polled late last fall whether there was enough interest to keep going.

I personally believe that ever since the border restrictions came in (passport requirements) it was difficult for a club that was mostly split between Ontario and New York to function.

To Bill, Cindy, Jim, Ed, Troy, Richard, Kathy and Bob, thanks for the good times and your dedication to the club.

Mark Hassard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.