Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I just thought I would give you guys an update. I finished all the blocking on wvcat last night and today I painted the jams, trunk, trunk lid, inside of the doors, under the hood and the extensions. The color is awsome!!! :D
the saphire blue is definatly cool and I don't think I'll run across another car this color for a while since its a non stock color. Tommorrow I'l be reinstalling the hood, trunk lid, rear window, extensions and doors and maybe put the glass back in the doors. The plan is to bolt everything back on then shoot the exterior of the car, I can't wait!!!:D Wish my digital wasn't broke so I could snap a few pics. :mad:
John
wvcat

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Hey John!
You KNOW I'm glad to hear this!:1poke: :1poke: Wish we could see pics of it but guess I'll just have to wait and see it in person in a few weeks!:D Bet it looks killer.

BTW liked the page you did the other night. Bet Kelly does too.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Chuck I am hoping to paint it by the weekend if everything goes well, all the body work is done. I'm thinking next week I'll be transfering the plates and driving her:eek2:
I might see if someone can stop by and snap a couple pics the silver stripes are going to look awsome!!!
I'm holding the guy off til I get wvcat painted to swap for the stang since I'm losing my work truck. Your right Kelly is very excited to get the stang but I've warned her that it might be a while before she can drive it.
John
wvcat:D

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
what kind of paint?

My seventy is almost heading into hibernation and i will be starting the ground up on her within the next month and just curious what type of paint and primer are you using and maybe you might have some pictures and step by step material you could do for tccn?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did plan on doing a step by step on it but then my digital [email protected]#$%#... I was going to show how to paint eliminator stripes on. Now I'm too far into it even if I had a camera. All the body work is done, the doors, hood, trunklid, rear window, and extensions were all removed and painted and back on now. I will be reinstalling the door glass this evening, wish me luck!!! I am thinking I might spray the silver(stripe paint) on tommorrow night and paint the blue and clear on saturday but we will see how it goes. I am using laquer primer surfacer in light gray(personal preference on color) followed by sherwin williams systen 7000 base coat and western clear(made by sherwin williams) FYI I do very little sanding with a power sander when painting a car(only on the bondo for first or second cut), I prefer to wet sand and it does a better job of not making scratches that you will see later. I even wet sand the bondo with 180 grit wet or dry paper and use a paint stick as a sanding block to remove waves....it works!!!
Time to go and reinstall those door windows. In case some of you were wondering why I removed the glass it was so I could remove the xr7 trim from the top of the doors to paint under them, you can't get to the screws with the glass in place.
John
wvcat

·
Registered
889 Posts
I cant wait

just thinking about sanding makes me want to close my eyes and wake up and it will be all done.Im to the point now to just dive in and not come out of the barn til its done.But Im having toooo much fun driving the beast.I think a coulple more times at the local cruse nite and Ill get shamed into it,I have all the supplies,But damn Ive waited so long for the nice weather to finally get here.Good job on the play by play hope it comes out great! Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts